Commercial Excellence Strategist at Vendavo
Vendavo powers the shift to digital business for the world’s most demanding B2B companies, unlocking value, growing margin and accelerating revenue with our SaaS products. With an annual margin improvement totaling more than $2.5 billion across companies in chemicals, distribution, high-tech, and manufacturing. Vendavo is headquartered in Denver, CO and has offices around the globe.
Sell more. Profitably.Job Description
We’re a growing team, and as we scale, so does our need for focus on growing our SaaS platform. Working predominantly through post-contract delivery, our ideal Commercial Excellence Strategist will be able to guide organizations to design and deliver best practices to maximize profitability through commercial intelligence, sales effectiveness, business transformation and change management using our Commercial Excellence platform. Our strategists are essentially the go-to for broad reaching strategies that span the spectrum of commercial excellence solutions. They are able to articulate the best practices while leading customers to adopt these practices to gain their competitive edge. The strategist will align the business case used by the Business Consultants in the pre-sales phase with the post-contract solution deployment with a “point of view”. That is to enable the customer to be successful to realize that business case and to help drive to that outcome while avoiding the pitfalls of organizational regionalization, lack of clear business objectives, fragmentation of the technology solution, etc. This role will understand the value and use of the maturity model with each customer to align the strategy for the commercial excellence solutions. This strategist will be a broad thinker, aware of the capabilities of all aspects of the commercial excellence framework and will focus on achieving the right outcome for the customer. While possessing strengths in one or more solution areas, a successful strategist will quickly learn the full complement of commercial excellence solutions and properly integrate best practices across this array of capabilities to effectively realize the customer roadmap. The following represents more specifics about the role:
- Uniformly build and utilize a broad, integrated Commercial Excellence solution knowledge
- Participate in Solution Gate Reviews
- Onboard customers to bridge the gap from sales to delivery, leading the customer solution definition workshops
- Periodic project oversight in prescribed intervals to ensure customer’s Commercial Excellence Strategy is intact
- Drives the customer roadmaps to deliver results
- Acts as the Design Authority board
- Leads/Participates in beta project deployments
- Collaborates with Product Management on product maturity and integration roadmap
- Bachelor's degree in Product Management, Business Administration, Sales Operations/Support, Development, Professional Services or related field
- At least 5 years work experience of using, deploying, developing, testing, commercial excellence solutions in a variety of business settings.
- Understanding and assessing business needs/requirements, addressing business challenges, leading departments through change, system deployments, process transformation, organizational push-back, etc.
- Ability to identify best practices and put into practice for each vertical market
- Experience working cross-functionally with multiple levels of stakeholders
- Focus on the Customer -- Forms active working relationships with customers by anticipating, analyzing, and responding quickly to opportunities, needs, and problems.
- Knows the Business -- Speaks up and acts with up-to-date knowledge of issues relevant to the organization, and business.
- Drives for Results -- Sets standards of excellence and strives for improvement. Holds him/herself and others accountable.
- Walks the Talk -- Builds trust, delivers on promises, communicates directly, respects other opinions, maintains confidentiality, and treats people fairly. Demonstrates consistency between words and actions.
- Sound Judgment and Decision Making -- Makes effective decisions based on logical assumptions and adequate information; takes into consideration resources, constraints, and organizational values.
- Fosters Teamwork -- Works with others both as a leader and a team member towards shared goals related to business objectives. Encourages the open expression of ideas.
- Comfort in ambiguity and ability to work in self-directed environment with high sense of urgency.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be goal and performance oriented and be able to set priorities, establish work plans and provide specific management feedback.
- Must be a team oriented, creative problem solver.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Master’s Business Administration degree
- At least 7-10 years of enterprise B2B solution strategy or consulting work experience
- Competitive base salary + bonus
- Comprehensive health benefits including medical and dental
- Unlimited paid time off
- Flexible working hours
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.