Granicus provides technology and services that empowers government organizations to create seamless digital experiences for the people they serve. By offering the industry's leading cloud-based solutions for communications, content management, meeting and agenda management, and digital services to over 4,000 public sector organizations, Granicus helps turn government missions into quantifiable realities.
Granicus needs a Change Management Advisor for our software implementation team. The primary responsibility of this position is to create and implement change management strategies and plans to maximize customer adoption and usage of our products, while reducing the pain paints of our clients. This position plays a key role in ensuring projects (change initiatives) meet objectives on time and on budget by increasing client adoption and usage. This person will focus on the people side of change, including changes to business processes, systems and technology, and communication practices. The Implementation Process Advisor will work to drive faster adoption, higher ultimate utilization of and proficiency with the changes that impact both the client and their constituents. These improvements will increase benefit realization, value creation, ROI and the achievement of results and outcomes.
While the Implementation Process Advisor may or may not have supervisory responsibility, this person will have to work through many others in the organization to succeed. The Implementation Process Advisor will act as a coach for senior leaders and executives in helping them fulfill the role of change sponsor. The Implementation Process Advisor may also provide direct support and coaching to all levels of managers and supervisors as they help their direct reports through transitions. The Implementation Process Advisor will also support project teams in integrating change management activities into their project plans.
What You Do:
- Complete change management assessments
- Identify, analyze and prepare risk mitigation tactics
- Identify and manage anticipated resistance
- Consult/ partner with client teams during implementation
- Create actionable deliverables for the five change management levers: communications plan, sponsor roadmap, coaching plan, training plan, resistance management plan
- Support and engage senior leaders
- Coach project managers, and implementation resources on change management best practices
- Support organizational design and definition of roles and responsibilities
- Coordinate efforts with other specialists
- Integrate change management activities into project plan
- Evaluate and ensure user readiness
- Manage stakeholders
- Track and report issues
- Define and measure success metrics and monitor change progress
- Support change management at the organizational level
- Manage the change portfolio
Who You Are and Traits You Have:
- A solid understanding of how people go through a change and the change process
- Experience and knowledge of change management principles, methodologies, and tools
- Exceptional communication skills, both written and verbal
- Excellent active listening skills
- Ability to clearly articulate messages to a variety of audiences
- Ability to establish and maintain strong relationships
- Ability to influence others and move toward a common vision or goal
- Flexible and adaptable; able to work in ambiguous situations
- Resilient and tenacious with a propensity to persevere
- Forward looking with a holistic approach
- Organized with a natural inclination for planning strategy and tactics
- Problem solving and root cause identification skills
- Able to work effectively at all levels in an organization
- A team player and able to work collaboratively with and through others
- Acute business acumen and understanding of organizational issues and challenges
- Familiarity with project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle
- Experience with organizational change efforts
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to multi-task, prioritize tasks and quickly adjust in a rapidly changing environment
- possess a BA or BS Degree in Organizational Development, Organizational Behavior, or Industrial/Organizational Psychology; or 5+ years of Organizational Change Management experience in a SaaS environment.
- Change management certification or designation desired
- Familiarity working within an agile software development process (Scrum)
- Experience with Business Analysis in a SaaS environment
- Experience with varying project management approaches, tools and phases of the project lifecycle.
Examples of Likely Performance Metrics:
- Keeping the client found production defects under a certain threshold.
- Limited number of clients found regressions, if any.
- Create and communicate a risk assessment for the components going into a release.
*Starting rate may vary by experience and/or location*