Category Sourcing Manager -ARS
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
Category Sourcing Manager -ARS
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
The Category Sourcing Leader will report to and work with the Director, Global Procurement and partner with key stakeholders, internally and externally, to create more value for Prologis by leveraging the Company’s scale to aggregate goods & services for our customers, and negotiating favorable deals that help the company leverage its real estate assets to generate revenues from billboards, rooftop advertising, telecom, and other potential sources.
What’s needed in order to do that:
- Develop a deep understanding of the category including structure of the supply chain, cost drivers, key players in the supply marketplace and their go-to-market operating models, and where opportunities exist for Prologis gain market advantage through structured deals and generate new or improved revenue streams.
- Stay abreast of marketplace trends including key cost drivers, sources of supply, supplier health, supply chain risks (geo-political, environmental, financial, regulatory, etc.), currency fluctuations, sustainability and social responsibility requirements, and alternative products and suppliers. Conduct supply market analyses using best practice models (SWOT, Porter’s 5 Forces, etc.) to understand leverage opportunities, price movement, and potential risks.
- Drive the execution of multiple sourcing projects by identifying customer and operational needs; developing and communicating business plans and priorities; removing barriers and obstacles that impact performance; identifying performance standards; measuring progress and adjusting performance accordingly; developing contingency plans; and demonstrating adaptability and supporting continuous learning.
- Establish and/or improve buying programs with strategic suppliers for assigned categories to aggregate and leverage buying power, narrow and standardize items and suppliers, improve service levels and accountability, and increase compliance to standards.
- Understand the needs of stakeholders (internal and external), jointly develop clear requirements, set and manage proper expectations, and offer and ask for help as needed. Fosters and practice win-win relationships with both internal and external parties. Always represent the company in a positive manner both internally and externally.
- Promote, practice, and support company policies, procedures, mission, values, and standards of ethics and integrity.
- Travel as needed (10%-20% domestically and internationally) to meet business objectives.
Tell us if you’re ready.
- 5+ years of sourcing and procurement experience, including supplier selection, negotiations, contracting, supplier management, program development and stakeholder management. MBA desirable, Bachelor's Degree (supply chain / logistics and/or Business Management preferred)
- Proven success reducing TCO (Total Cost of Ownership), reducing risks, improving service levels and achieving supplier-driven innovation for key spend categories.
- Experience in leading and streamlining process improvements, Agile / Lean principles preferred
- Analytical skills, problem solving, logical and methodical thinker
- Communication skills: interacting with senior level executives confidently, building trust and integrity
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.