What you will be doing
The Pre-Sales Senior Actuary is a highly motivated individual with proven credentials who can successfully work with all levels of the organization internally and externally to ensure success. The Pre-Sales Senior Actuary will be based in North America and will be reporting to the Insurance and Asset Management head of Business Solutions Americas. Due to the nature of the role, extensive travel will be required.
- Deliver sales presentations and solution demonstrations, and provide coverage at annual actuarial events and client events, in all cases positioning FIS' software and actuarial libraries
- Provide technical expertise in the sales process in collaboration with sales team
- Identify and qualify clients' business and functional requirements in order to obtain initial project estimates, identify and document solution gaps after gathering clients' requirements, and communicate client requirements, trends and issues back to product management
- Build out actuarial models based on specific needs of the client
- Respond to Requests for Information (RFI's), Requests for Proposal (RFP's) and other client queries in a timely and professional manner
- Develop new business opportunities across FIS segments, join other business units for comprehensive demonstrations and interface with the product management, professional services, support and development organizations
- As a life insurance market expert, be aware of industry trends, drivers and regulatory initiatives; understand the competitive offerings and their differentiators in the market, read trade and industry journals to keep abreast of industry thoughts and initiatives.
- Provide life insurance expertise and resolve specific product issues
What you bring:
- Actuarial Qualifications - FSA
- Substantial life insurance market experience
- US GAAP LDTI
- US Statutory (including PBR)
- RBC Calculations
- Solvency II
- Expertise in actuarial modelling and reporting
- Experience in client facing activities
- Good grasp of technology and technical concepts
- Analytical and consultative approach to client engagements
- Equally comfortable working independently or as part of a team
- Ability to organize, prioritize, and multi-task
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with fluency in English
- Outstanding presentation abilities
Added bonus if you have:
- Understanding of the entire sales cycle, from market research through to contract signing
- Prophet product experience
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.