Business Operations Project Manager at Boom Technologies, Inc
Boom Supersonic is a Denver-based company redefining commercial flight by bringing supersonic flight back to the skies with Overture. This historic airliner is designed and committed to industry-leading standards of speed, safety, and sustainability. Boom’s vision is to bring families, businesses, and cultures closer together through supersonic travel and make the world dramatically more accessible.
Boom is the first commercial airplane manufacturer to commit to a carbon-neutral flight test program and to build sustainability into its entire aircraft program. The company is backed by world-class investors and has 30 aircraft on pre-order. Founded in 2014, Boom has assembled a team of over 150 full-time employees who have made contributions to over 220 air and spacecraft programs.
Are you passionate about building the supersonic future? Come join the team and help us make aviation history!Role Overview:
As a member of the Business Operations team, you will be shaping the future of Boom by working directly with senior leaders on critical projects that will further our mission of helping to make the world dramatically more accessible. This team drives operational rigor and harmony, with a focus on cross-functional alignment, exceptional stakeholder management, and managing high priority initiatives that are critical to the company’s success. We focus on aligning the company’s goals and objectives with effective day-to-day operations and help incubate innovative ideas into action that drives impact for the company.
We’re looking for a Business Operations Project Manager that thrives on making organizations become more effective and scale excellence. Individuals applying for this role should have a track record of excellent attention to detail, easily building cross-functional relationships, thriving in fast-paced environments, and being dedicated to ensuring a project is complete and meets expectations.Responsibilities:
- Create and manage a foundation to track functional priorities, monthly progress against each and visuals that enable discussions and alignment
- Design a portfolio roadmap and maintain ongoing to serve as a source of truth for functional priorities
- Build and activate simple, repeatable, scalable approaches that can flex to business needs and ensure information flows well throughout the organization
- Design and execute initiatives in projects that contribute to long-term operational excellence, ensuring key projects have clear success measures and operation plans
- Project manage select high priority initiatives
- Proactively identify areas within the organization to scale operational excellence
- Predict resources needed to reach objectives and influence resources in an effective and efficient manner
- Prepare and update the portfolio budget, based on evolving scope and resource requirements
- Develop and own central communications and tools which allow consistent updates to all relevant stakeholders about strategy, adjustments, outstanding questions and real time progress
- Measure portfolio performance to identify areas for improvement
- A minimum of a Bachelor's degree
- 6+ years of work experience including 3+ years of practical program and project management experience required
- Demonstrated ability to plan, track, facilitate, and close programs or large projects using applicable tools on time, within budget, and while controlling scope
- Project management certification or similar business relevant experience
- Strong familiarity with project management software tools, methodologies, and best practices
- Distinguished written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent interpersonal skills and a collaborative relationship building style
- Exceptional stakeholder management and ability to build cross-functional working relationships
- Adept at cutting through complex issues to find quick wins and make progress
- High judgement and self-awareness
- Proven track record for driving alignment and communication cross-functionally within a company
- Experience seeing projects through the full life cycle
- Bias for action, and propensity for resourcefulness, problem-solving and self-directed initiative
- Consistent and reliable in how you achieve project deliverables
The Base Salary Range for this position is $140,000-$180,000 and represents the low and high end of the range for this position. Actual salaries will vary based on factors including but not limited to location, experience, and performance. The range listed is just one component of Boom’s total rewards package for employees. Other rewards may include performance bonuses, long term incentives/equity, an open PTO policy, and many other progressive benefits.
To conform to U.S. Government aerospace technology export regulations (ITAR and EAR), applicant must be a U.S. citizen, lawful permanent resident of the U.S., protected individual as defined by 8 U.S.C 1324b(a)(3), or eligible to obtain the required authorizations from the U.S. Department of State. Learn more about ITAR here (https://www.pmddtc.state.gov/?id=ddtc_public_portal_itar_landing)
Boom is an equal opportunity employer and we value diversity. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit and business need.
Want to build a faster future? Come join Boom.