Business Consultant at CSG
Uses product, deep domain and industry knowledge to assist customers in solving business problems and analyze business requirements, working with Solution Architects to define the technical solutions needed to achieve the business goals and objectives. Serves as the conduit between CSG’s implementation team(s) and the customers’ business stakeholders over the course of a project. Required to interface with multi-disciplinary teams and may contribute to pre-sales support and input to RFP responses.
Focus areas in leading consulting engagements include:
Cross Industry Experience: Experience in business consulting with multiple clients in telecoms (fixed and mobile), cable and media industry delivering software solutions for Business Support Systems. A deep understanding of different industry sectors and current trends to drive commercial propositions that Enable clients to compete.
- BSS Solutions: Experience in the design and implementation of business support solutions within telecoms cable and media clients. Deep working knowledge of industry applications, solutions and operating models such as the TMF Framework. Understanding of industry solutions including off the shelf products and managed service solution providers. Will develop deep understanding of CSGI solutions.
- Business Consulting: Consulting with clients to draw out needs associated with end-to-end business needs for BSS requirements and recommending solutions to drive the product roadmap. Ability to challenge approaches through thought-leadership, draw out best solutions and add value in proposing innovative methods to addressing BSS needs. Experience of working with enterprise clients in B2C and B2B models in delivering BSS solutions.
- Business Modelling and Functional Specifications: Ability to design and document BSS solutions and document functional and non functional needs for input to solution leads across the Ascendon Digital BSS solution stack.
- Solution Design: Collaborate with Solution leads across the Ascendon solutions stack and Service Delivery teams to define overall BSS solutions within Ascendon through consultation and workshops.
Examples of individual accountabilities include:
- Advising and leading the customer through the transformation programme.
- Customer journey and business process mapping – Map & Gap
- Customer journey led transformation
- Identify of potential new revenue streams or opportunities to reduce cost for the client through transformational initiatives and consultation on new business models required to deliver on these.
- Presentation of recommended solutions to client and win key stakeholder commitment
- Collaborate to create CSG enablement strategy for Services
- Client management through solution implementation
- Ability to influence the Product roadmap , monitoring change and QA
- Champion Ascendon Digital BSS vision and proposition both internally and externally
Key Leadership Behaviors include:
- Proven track record of management and leadership skills required to delivery best-in-class solutions
- The ability to quickly learn new concepts and technologies and convert them into best in class solutions.
- Mentors / trains team; drives collaboration; instills accountability
- Deep understanding of business models within telecoms, cable and media verticals: (eTOM and TAM, preferably even SID)
- Critical thinking and ability to constructively challenge
- Rigorous logic and analytics capability to enable evidence based decision making
- Able to drive consensus, partnerships and grow CSG ecosystem
- Clear and persuasive communication
Essential Job Functions
The role requires significant travel up to 40% internationally.
Responsibility % of Time
Provide process and solution overview knowledge to pre-sales in the pre-project phase and assist Pre-sales on any potential client RFP and system demonstration. Provide inputs for Pre-Sales on the solution proposal and project scoping.
Ensures business viability of solutions as defined in the Statement of Work and subsequent changes requests.10%
Assess clients’ needs and provide consultation and solutions to improve client’s business efficiencies and solve client's business problems both within and beyond the scope of an existing project bringing awareness of potential new opportunities for adding more products and services back to CSG into the account.
Planning and leading the requirements workshops to understand business and system requirements, client special requirement and provide possible solution through customization, identify potential impact to the standard system functions.
Guides and advises client through the formulation and documentation of business requirements.
Works with peers/customers to ensure end to end project business functionality of software is completed successfully from project scheduling, and design through implementation. Accountable for ensuring that project team properly demonstrates system functionality to customer in a way that satisfies them that their business problems and requirements are met. 20%
Responsible for modeling clients’ business rules and requirements to fit within the product portfolio Infrastructure and designed to make the best use of the CSG product assets.10%
Provides leadership to the project team and client on a large project, across the entire solution. Able to setup and manage a new client engagement without assistance and provides guidance on the impact of market and regulatory changes and the future directions of the core products.
Point of contact for business information, support, direction and leadership for other Business Consultants, core product management teams and shared development team.
Provide Business Consultant task identification; work estimates and skills required to assist the PM with task scheduling and resource requests.
Guide Business Consultants in the development and review of specifications for client specific functionalities.
Reviews test plans to ensure coverage of system requirements.
Mentors less experienced team members.
Accountable for the work performance of other consultants on the team.30%
Conduct super user training effectively within allocated time frame.
Address client’s question during training / UAT. Identify issues causes and liaise with the responsible personnel in Product management or R&D team for solution.
Work together with client in taking the system to production via onsite support and pre-production activities like data loading and end-to-end verification activities.10%
Liaise with Product Management and R&D team on issue clarifications and functional improvements.
Responsible for delivering feedback to the Product Management team to ensure that future releases of the products meet the ongoing needs of the client/business.20%
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Information Technology, Engineering (Electrical Software, Telecommunications) or Business (with major in Computing) or equivalent education/experience required.
- Minimum 10 years of experience as a business/software consultant in the telecommunications or other relevant industry.
- 10 years’ experience with the implementation of BSS solutions in a mix of Telecoms, Cable and Media industry
Thank you for your continued interest in growing your career with CSG International. Please note that your current manager will receive an email notification when you apply to any position within the organization.