Bilingual Student Onboarding Specialist - Spanish Speaking at Guild Education
This is a remote role, which can sit in any of the following 22 states: AZ, CO, CA, DC, FL, GA, ID, IL, KS, MA, MD, MI, MN, NC, NY, NJ, OR, PA, TN, TX, WA, WI. Please only apply if you are able to live and work full-time in one of the states listed above.
Guild is hiring Bilingual Student Onboarding Specialists, who are fluent in both written and verbal Spanish. This role is responsible for helping students to maintain momentum and overcome barriers in the enrollment process of their chosen university. You will do this via phone, text, and email outreach. You will work with internal and external teams to curate an incredible student experience.
As a Bilingual Student Onboarding Specialist, you will:
- Engage with newly approved students within 24 hours of their approval using text and phone outreach
- Create a two way connection with students to become a trusted partner they can turn to when they are stuck in the enrollment process
- Manage a student caseload of approximately 50 new students per week, ensuring that they are aware of their next steps, while also digging to understand what barriers might be preventing them from moving forward with their application
- Consistently iterate on your process and the student experience to provide a speedy and seamless student experience through your funnel
- Collaborate cross-functionally internally and externally -- across Student Enrollment, Client Success, and University Partnerships teams
- Improve your approach through feedback and coaching, training programs, mentorship, and collaboration
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Fluency in both written and verbal Spanish communication
- Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent time management
- Ability to ask probing questions to understand the true barriers to student success
- Willingness to persevere through challenges, while remaining positive and engaged
- Demonstrated experience in achieving metrics on daily, weekly, monthly, and quarterly basis
- Determination to uncover solutions on your own, using the tools provided to you
- Desire to champion change and not be satisfied with “good enough”
- Experience using Salesforce and Google Suite
- Data driven mindset and the ability to use insights from qualitative and quantitative sources to create a better student experience
- Creative ability to connect with students, trying different outreach strategies until you find what works for that particular student
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion.
We are one of the few female-led companies to hit a $1 billion valuation and the only Certified B Corporation with those qualifications. Our Series D financing round was led by Ken Chenault, General Catalyst Partners chairman and former CEO of AMEX, and joined by Emerson Collective, LeadEdge Capital, and Iconiq.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees. Additionally, we feel passionately about equal pay for equal work, and transparency in compensation is one vehicle to achieve that. Total compensation for this role is market competitive, including a base salary of $52,000, as well as company stock options.
- Access to low-cost, high-quality health care options through Cigna and Kaiser (due to coverage limitations, Kaiser is currently only available in CA & CO)
- Access to a 401k to help save for your future
- 3 weeks of vacation in your first year and an open vacation policy after year 1 to help you recharge
- 8 days of fully-paid sick leave, so that you can take the time to heal and or recover
- Family-friendly benefits, including 14 weeks of parental leave, employer-paid short-term and long-term disability, employer-sponsored life insurance, and fertility care benefits.
- Well-rounded wellness benefits including access to free and low cost mental health resources and support services
- Education benefits and tuition assistance to help your future development and growth