Associate Problem Manager
The Associate Problem Manager conducts reactive root-cause analysis and proactive trend analysis within IT and Customer Operations to identify and eliminate systemic issues. This position manages problems identified via the Major Incident process and other channels while providing guidance to cross functional team members on the impacts of identified problems and related processes. The role works cross functionally with autonomy to gather product feedback, make prioritization decisions and ensure alignment on system design and product roadmaps. The successful candidate will apply independent judgement factoring in GHX’s priorities, detailed analysis of customer operational data leveraging advanced training or experience with operations processes and complex enterprise solutions.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities:
- Apply an advanced understanding and working knowledge of Problem Management process, as defined by ITIL.
- Conduct regular meetings and provide leadership to a cross functional team regarding support operations with a strong focus on the Support Problem Management process.
- Collaborate with process owners and stakeholders to re-engineer processes to be simple, nimble, repeatable, measurable, achievable and continuously improved.
- Produce trend analysis of recurring Problems/Incidents - extract trends on Incident types, Customer types, key problem areas, depts, hardware types etc.
- Develop statistics and reports to demonstrate performance of the Problem Management process.
- Contribute to the design, development, documentation, analysis, creation or testing of changes to software or process related to Problems.
- Identify areas of improvement within the Technology processes using metrics and Six Sigma, Kaizen or similar techniques and deliver improvements in process, tools, quality of adoption and system design.
- Builds and maintains relationships across the organizations, with teams and individuals Acts as escalation point for technical and transactional issues that occur within Customer Support, including issues emanating from third party vendors.
- Manage Major Incidents, as defined by ITIL, to ensure that these are diagnosed and escalated to appropriate and consistent quality standards; co-ordinate Support, Development and Customers to ensure accurate and appropriate communications during Major Incidents
- Manage Problem cases including diagnosis, logging, communication and escalation to ensure process awareness and adherence.
- Manage executive level customer escalations, to ensure that the use case is correctly captured and resolution path identified and negotiated with the customer. Communicate updates and final resolution to the customer and internal executive team members.
- Work independently to research subject matter. Interact with development, operations, quality assurance and product management groups to obtain and exchange information.
- Supports business cases to assess the relative benefits of product enhancement.
- Utilizes Support Knowledge Base (KCS) to drive issue prioritization and push left opportunities, and takes ownership of the necessary analysis and actions to drive these activities as the Knowledge Domain Expert (KDE).
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline/experience, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 5+ years experience managing people
- 5+ years in a technical customer-facing support role within an agile environment
- Very good understanding and awareness of the ITIL Problem Management process and procedures
- Experience with CRM tools such as Salesforce
- Strong analytical ability to review historical data and identify trends and outliers as areas of focus
- Excellent knowledge analysis and productivity tools, including but not limited to Microsoft Excel, Word, PowerPoint, and data analysis tools related to ANSI X12 EDI transactions
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others and resolve any conflicts that may arise between different viewpoints
- Ability to communicate effectively and collaboratively with Product Managers, Developers, and Executive Leadership in pursuit of achieving customer satisfaction goals.
- Sound project management skills, with well-developed organizational skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Strong team player
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating
Global Healthcare Exchange, LLC and its North American subsidiaries (collectively, “GHX”) provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any status protected by applicable law. This EEO policy applies to all terms, conditions, and privileges of employment, including hiring, training and development, promotion, transfer, compensation, benefits, educational assistance, termination, layoffs, social and recreational programs, and retirement.
GHX believes that employees should be provided with a working environment which enables each employee to be productive and to work to the best of his or her ability. We do not condone or tolerate an atmosphere of intimidation or harassment based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, age, genetic information, disability, veteran status or any other status protected by applicable law. GHX expects and requires the cooperation of all employees in maintaining a discrimination and harassment-free atmosphere. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.