Associate Clinical Project Manager at Invitae
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry, by making clinical-grade genetic information affordable and accessible to guide health decisions across all stages of life.
At the designation of the Clinical Project Manager, the Associate Clinical Project Manager interfaces with internal and external stakeholders to help in the execution of biopharma lab service project engagements. The associate clinical project manager will provide day to day operational support to the clinical project manager and project management lead. The APM will manage client communications, data QC & delivery, invoicing, document management, specimen status, and overall project status. The goal for the APM is to grow into Invitae’s oncology lab project management team, and learn to manage projects independently, with a focus on clinical trial and prospective testing engagements.
- Supports the management of laboratory service projects at Invitae via various operational activities including: client communications, document management, finance/ budgeting/ invoicing, issue escalation, and coordination of meetings/ activities across internal cross functional teams
- Manage and draft project specific documentation including study operations plans, data management plans, NCEs, sample manifests, shipment manifests, and other documentation. Work with Genosity Quality Assurance unit on study binder development and maintenance for regulated studies, including support of audit and inspections, as appropriate.
- Proactively manage day to day client communications, including resolution of clinical trial patient & sample queries, updates on data delivery timelines, shipment notifications & coordination, and communications/ coordination with 3rd party vendors (data management, kit/ logistics vendors, other)
- Assists the Oncology Lab Services Project Management team with sample tracking via management of sample and patient status in the LIMS, use of LIMS & LIMS queries to proactively resolve sample issues, construction and maintenance of patient/ sample tracking master lists
- Assist with data review and QC, construction of data transfer reference lists and master lists, and management of data transfer timelines and scope
What you bring
- 2-3+ years relevant experience in a commercial lab or CRO industry setting in the biotech/ life sciences space. Preference in particular for experience in the genetics & diagnostics space.
- Focused time management skills and ability to multitask in a fast paced work environment.
- Bachelor's in science, biological science, computational biology or biotechnology
- Experience in a customer facing role with pharma and biotech clients in the commercial lab or CRO industry setting.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Displays levelheadedness & emotional intelligence when interacting with internal and external stakeholder.
- Ability to multi-task and manage multiple high priority projects and challenging/ high demand clients
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.