Academic Advisory Services Director at Guild Education
Guild is hiring for an Academic Advisory Services Director, where you will be tasked with gathering critical research to help bridge the two sides of our marketplace - employers and academic partners. You will help us understand new academic program areas or program expansion opportunities. You’ll work closely with our new Academic Partnership and Employer Partnership objective teams to propose, present and represent new or prospective academic partners to employer partners, and you will work with employer partners to help understand their needs to make proposals about potential new academic programs. You will further dig into areas that will allow us to grow our business, improve efficiency and efficacy across both sides of our network. You’ll be a critical member of the team, supporting the growth of our two-sided marketplace by ensuring that we are able to expand our partner network and ensure that we are meeting employer needs through identification and expansion of academic programs.
As an Academic Advisory Services Director you will:
- Support the growth of Guild’s two sided marketplace to serve and support clients and employees/students
- Understand and develop new insights about academic program providers, programs, and outcomes
- Strategically and creatively come up with solutions to address future of work challenges
- Learn the ins and outs of Guild as you use your organizational, multitasking, and problem solving skills in a fast-paced, intense and dynamic environment
- Support the cross functional Academic and Employer Partnerships (business development) objective team
- Identify opportunities for growth and expansion and strengthening our academic marketplace
- Support the acquisition, onboarding and growth of both academic and employer partners
- Strive to achieve established OKRs and expectations while demonstrating your passion for our mission - you'll receive ongoing feedback through your 1:1 meetings and go through bi-annual Structured Growth Conversations
- Bring enthusiasm, flexibility, and patience to the role to a fast-paced, fun, and collaborative environment
In addition to working on the Academic Partnerships Team, in this role you will collaborate with other Guild leaders including: Amanda Lubin (VP of Product Operations), Terrence Cummings (VP of Client Success), & Zoe Weintraub (VP of Partnerships).
You are a strong fit for this role if you have:
- Strong research and analytical skills to learn about new program areas, etc.
- Exceptional presentation and communication skills and an ability to both develop or provide feedback on presentations and to present to senior executives in educational and corporate settings
- Exceptional cross-functional and project management skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree required. MBA or M.Ed. strongly preferred.
- Experience with higher education or continuing education a strong plus
- 3+ years of research, sales support, consulting, or other communications function
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- Experience at a strategic consulting firm preferred
- Comfortability with moderate travel (25% should be expected)
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!
Guild is increasing economic mobility for working adults by partnering with the largest employers in the country to offer education as a benefit to their employees via our marketplace of nonprofit universities and education institutions. Guild’s proprietary technology platform facilitates the administration of this innovative benefit and our team of coaches helps each employee navigate the path back to school, providing individualized support from day one through program completion. Fast Company recently named Guild as one of the World’s Most Innovative Companies and we've raised over $70 million from top tier investors including Felicis, Bessemer, Redpoint, Rethink EDU, Harrison Metal, Cowboy Ventures, Salesforce and Workday Ventures.
Guild Education is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.