WW Channel Product Manager and GTM Enablement
Are you data-driven? We at NetApp believe in the transformative power of data – to expand customer touchpoints, to foster greater innovation, and to optimize operations. We are designed for simplicity, optimized to protect, created to embrace future opportunity, and open to enrich choice. We are the data authority for hybrid cloud, and we are helping our customers realize the full potential of their data.
We’ve built a Data Fabric for a data-driven world – to simplify and integrate data management across the resources that are best for the business. With the Data Fabric, our customers can harness the power of cloud data services, build cloud infrastructures, and modernize storage through data management.
By modernizing storage through data management, customers can upgrade infrastructure to bring modern data services to existing applications. Only NetApp can help organizations free the resources necessary to fund transformation by deploying the industry’s leading flash storage solution, which is highly efficient and scalable in both data center and cloud environments.
The Global Channel Strategy & Enablement team plays a critical role in ensuring the success against NetApp’s 3 Key Imperatives with our 3 Business Units, by expanding current and acquiring new Channel partners to drive and sell NetApp’s portfolio to their customers in support of their hybrid multi-cloud transformation challenges.
As the WW Channel Product Manager you will have no problems shaking up the norm and will be comfortable proposing creative new go to market solutions that deliver incremental partner success.
- The individual will leverage channel partner industry knowledge to create/write unique assets to be delivered via channel persona-based programs, campaigns and enablement avenues.
- This individual will act at the connection point to translate NetApp’s Hybrid Multi-Cloud Strategy from each of the business units into a cohesive partner facing message.
- This role requires solutions packaging and messaging experience that enables partner business success.
- Partner QBRs: Attend scheduled partner QBR’s (quarterly business reviews) as needed.
- Act as a subject matter expert for messaging channel value acting as the channel conduit into the three business units to support channel persona product GTM efforts as needed.
- Ability to present how NetApp solutions fit into the partner environment including the challenges, risks and potential rewards.
- Must understand technically how partners configure and deploy infrastructure. (VMware, OpenStack, Networking, Compute, Cloud Solutions etc.).
- Must understand and be able to be the subject matter on trends impacting channel partners looking to transform their businesses as well as their customers.
- Candidate will work with business unit product management teams to add value to proposed solutions by wrapping solutions with “how does a channel partner make money with this solution” and be able to offer the package of content that demonstrated expected business outcomes to the partner.
- This role will provide go to market assistance for strategic partners looking for assistance further developing their hybrid multi-cloud positioning.
Qualified candidates must have a unique blend of product marketing, product management and business acumen skills, along with in-depth experience working in the broad partner ecosystem. Candidate must have basic knowledge about storage and systems and related software industries.
An ideal candidate should possess some combination of the following skills and experiences:
- Deep market knowledge of partner eco-systems, cloud infrastructure and their related technical and business challenges and opportunities
- Demonstrate the ability to deliver subject matter expertise in understanding how to message services that enable channel partner success.
- Understanding of how channel partners productize and price their services and solutions
- Experience working in a fast paced and/or startup environment, comfortable with requirements for rapid results
- 10+ years of experience in product management & product marketing at a reputable cloud/hosting/channel partner company a MUST. You have to have worn their shoes and understand the detailed nuances of their business challenges.
- Proven experience driving cross functional program teams against quarterly business objectives
- Business acumen: must display an understanding how partners build services that deliver ROI, TCO, IRR, EBITDA, margins etc.
- Must be able to understand and convey business and technical value versus product messaging
- Ability to travel up to 30%
Typically requires a minimum of 12 years of related experience with a Bachelor’s degree; or 8 years and a Master’s degree; or a PhD with 5 years experience; or equivalent experience.