VP, Product Operations at Conga
Our new company was created on May 7, 2020 with the merger of Conga and Apttus. The combining of these two companies creates a leader in mission-critical business process solutions, allowing both small and large companies to modernize their business processes.
Together, the new Conga is poised to provide the most complete offering in the market to digitally transform the foundational elements of business -- documents like quotes, contracts, and the processes that surround them -- to achieve commercial excellence.
For more information on the new Conga, please visit our newsroom at:
Our shared values: The Conga Way
A successful candidate will embody the essence of a Conganeer through demonstration of critical behaviors of The Conga Way:
- Embracing an Entrepreneurial Spirit
- Achieving Together
- Championing the Customers
The Conga Way is a core element of the Culture and Talent focus at Conga. This philosophy shapes the personality of our organization, defines how we show up every day, and provides clarity about how we work together.
Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, the VP of Product Operations will be responsible for the “whole product” delivery lifecycle. This role will work collaboratively with Product Marketing, Engineering, Product, and Business Operations to assure that we plan, execute, and deliver a “whole product” from concept all the way to customer value.
Specific areas of ownership include release management, release planning, release execution, cross functional product communication accomplishing predictable, high quality release to production.
The role will also be responsible for leadership and collaboration to program from release to production all the way to general release availability. This will include providing day-to-day support required to fully implement, administer, and support cross-functional teams.
Primary Responsibilities Include the leadership of the organization responsible for:
- Release Management of multiple product releases across product management, engineering, QA, documentation, and other cross-functional teams
- Assist users and stakeholders with understanding the capabilities in meeting our portfolio management, execution, and reporting needs, as well as performing a wide variety of trouble-shooting and problem-solving activities. This requires an understanding of the Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) and supporting portfolio management and execution processes, and the roles Product Owners, Scrum Masters, Developers and Testers play on each team. Serve as process consultant and coach to Scrum teams in understanding our Agile framework and processes, and how to be more effective and ensure continuous improvement and learning
- Set up, configure, administer projects and set-up of the project hierarchy, set up teams, administer users, manage users and permissions, import work from other sources, support integrations in the JIRA - Confluence tools
- Define and run various reports required to understand portfolio, program, and release progress and status, as well as KPI’s and metrics
- Monitor change in product development scope across the portfolio and market releases to ensure that development activities are aligned with product priorities
- Support the evaluation of business and technical requirements for integrations with other tools
- Provide administrative, technical, and operational support in planning and executing on the continued roll out of products to our broader user community on other programs in future months
- Strong and proven cross functional executive leadership abilities
- Strong and proven ability to grow an excellent team
- Expertise in implementing Agile development practices (e.g., Scrum, Kanban, XP) strongly preferred.
- Ability to define and continuously improve the product/business context and Product Development Life Cycle (PDLC) process.
- Leadership expertise in managing product releases on SaaS platform
- SalesForce.com experience strongly preferred
- Superior problem solving and trouble-shooting skills with a proven ability to exercise sound judgment to solve complex issues, recognize business critical situations, and escalate as needed. Needs to be detail-oriented
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven business/systems analysis expertise desired, with an ability to elicit and document business, user, and process requirements as it relates to configuring and supporting tools
- Strong service orientation. A highly collaborative, energetic team player with demonstrated ability to be flexible, diplomatic, persistent, and energetic. Comfortable with ambiguity, open to change, working in a fast-paced and fluid environment, and thrives on learning and acquiring deep expertise in our tools and process