VP, Product Management
Prologis is the global leader in logistics real estate. We own, manage and develop high-quality properties in the world’s most vibrant centers of commerce, approximately 771 million square feet in 19 countries. Some of the world’s largest brands (e.g., Amazon, BMW, DHL, FedEx, Pepsi) turn to us because they know an efficient supply chain will make their businesses run better, and a strategic relationship with Prologis will create competitive advantage. As the top ranked U.S. company and sixth overall among the Global 100 Most Sustainable Corporations in the World, we take our global footprint seriously.
VP, Product Management
Do you want to play a role in global commerce?
Prologis is developing a completely new line of business for our customers with our Prologis Essentials product. Leveraging our #1 position and global scale with almost $100B of assets under management, we are entering another phase of growth with a focus on delivering additional services and products to customers. We are looking to hire our first VP of Product Management to create, define, and deliver success with our new venture, Essentials. If you’re excited to be part of our new team working with executives across the company, this is the right opportunity for you!
In this role, you’ll be responsible for leading product development and communicating customer value propositions to internal and external audiences. This involves promoting, selling, and managing products and services online through the creation of product narratives, technology showcases and hands-on experiences. The VP of Product Management will serve as the subject matter expert within Prologis and will connect creative content and business viability with the platform’s technology.
What’s needed in order to do that:
You know how to use data to provoke interest and tell a story. You are equally comfortable building compelling product narratives as you are collaborating with customers, product + service suppliers, internal and external technical teams, and management. You have the ability to analyze and diagnose complex technical and business challenges, formulate out of the box solutions, and influence the engineering of our product offerings including appropriate investments. You are obsessed with the customer experience and are able to simplify and sprint.
In this role, you’ll be responsible for profitability and delivering customer value through Prologis Essentials. You have and will continue to build exceptional leadership skills and business acumen. You will be able to generate high-impact ideas, clearly prioritize workloads, manage multiple projects simultaneously and drive them to completion.
You’re delivering on revenue 3-6 months out, making strategic decisions 3-5-years and beyond, and relying on data and KPIs to develop, measure, and improve on budgeted objectives.
- Help define the next business opportunity for our customers and our vendors.
- Own the product life cycle for Essentials from conception to launch, including; planning, testing and measuring feature impact
- Work closely with the engineering team by continuously communicating product vision and priorities, and collaborating on implementation
- Conduct user research; talk to our customers, internal users, and stakeholders to understand and define common pain points
- Synthesize market needs, customer pain points, and internal requests; drive product strategy from these interactions
- Continuously iterate and experiment on our revenue streams and customer acquisition experiences
Tell us if you’re ready.
- Product experience developing web/mobile applications, eCommerce, and/or enterprise software
- Exceptionally strong in both quantitative and qualitative analysis and demonstrate superior communication skills to constituents across the business.
- Utilize data to understand customer needs and behaviors as well as business objectives, and transform that knowledge into website enhancements and new features
- Significant/meaningful experience in eCommerce, marketplace, or B2B product management
- Familiarity with Excel, SQL, and multi-variate testing practices a plus
- Ability to make data-driven product prioritization decisions to support product strategy
- Thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and are not hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Entrepreneurial experience in a complex eCommerce setting and/or building a B2B portal is preferred
- Experience planning and executing multiple, complex marketing programs
- Experience working collaboratively across multiple Engineering and Marketing teams.
Each of us working at Prologis plays an essential role in the enduring success of our company. We value people who are decisive, courageous and adaptable. While we are one company, locations and departments operate with autonomy and accountability. Individuals take the initiative here.
When you join Prologis, you work shoulder to shoulder with some of the top talent in the industry to do the best work of your career. Every employee belongs. Every employee contributes. Employees advance their careers here.
As a successful global enterprise, Prologis has never lost sight of what matters most, our strong belief that our people are the most important part of our business. And because of that, we provide a generous total rewards package and take a lot of time to focus on quality management and leadership development. People come first here.
All job offers are contingent upon successful completion of drug screen and background verification. Prologis is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religions, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.