VP, Product Development and Operations
Please review the job details below.
The leader of the Raster product organization will be responsible for imagery products that either directly or indirectly support nearly all revenue achieved by the company. Products supported by this organization include basic and advanced imagery products, mosaic products, as well as elevation products. Responsibilities include a leading role in product development, implementation of supporting systems and delivering the resulting products to customers. This role will be tightly aligned and partnered with the General Managers of our Lines of Business and their Product Managers. The leader will be responsible for driving results including operational and architectural efficiencies, and reduced capital intensity leading to short and long term revenue growth, EBITDA margin expansion and increased Free Cash Flow.
The functions in this organization include:
- Establishing, aligning and communicating the Technical Architecture supporting product formation
- Establishing, aligning and communicating Production, Ingest and Delivery Domain Architectural Roadmaps
- Establishing, aligning and communicating roadmaps for improved product quality and accuracy
- Migration of services and systems to AWS
- Product Development
- Accelerating both innovation of new products and the transition of new product offerings to the market
- Management of a Scaled Agile Development and Release Train
- Imagery Production and Dev Ops support
- Calibration of imaging sensors
In partnership with Sales, Product Managers, Customer support functions, the Raster product organization will implement the internal technical roadmaps that support customer facing product roadmaps and investment plans.
In partnership with Supply Chain Management the Raster product organization will deliver imagery products and services to customers, meeting contractual commitments. The organization will be engaged from opportunity definition, through contract signature, creation of products, delivery, and customer feedback.
In partnership with Research & Development the Raster product organization will advance long and medium term product innovation, and ensure that DigitalGlobe retains and extends its lead in the industry in terms of product quality and accuracy, innovative solutions for high scale processing, product features, and imagery that is analytics-ready.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
- Product and Technical Architecture – responsible for the future state architectural roadmap that drives velocity to market and capital efficiency, and reduces operational expenses
- Product Development – lead the technical design and deployment plans for current and next generation imagery products including the technical investment roadmap and the scale and resiliency plans for new imagery products and capabilities
- Innovation and Horizon 2 Development – lead the next generation imagery product development and proof of concept work. Ensure that the appropriate investment is being driven to support future growth
- Scaled Agile Development and Release Train – lead the software development capability supporting imagery products and production consistent with our standards. Includes workforce planning and management and execution on the product roadmap, aligning processes with other areas of the company, participating in planning ceremonies, using common planning and tracking software tools, coordination with Portfolio Delivery Management functions
- Aligns execution of development with architectural vision of transition to AWS for imagery production
- Dev Ops – supporting both H2 development and the Scaled Agile Development, this function will support the productivity of the software development teams and the operations support for the products
- Imagery Production – produce the customer products to contract specifications and/or standard product specifications, fully supporting customer and revenue plans
- Product Quality – responsible for driving new innovation and improvements to the quality of the imagery products, coordinating broadly to ensure customer and industry feedback is addressed
- Imagery Sensor Calibration – responsible for the calibration of imagery sensors, achieving the highest possible pixel-level accuracy, relative radiometry eliminates all banding and streaking, absolutely radiometry meets or exceeds industry standards
- Identify and drive synergies with other MAXAR divisions
- Support technical innovation and lead the creation, continual refinement, and active enforcement of our development standards
- Provide thought leadership around transformational opportunities
- Leverage a distributed development model where 3rd parties are leveraged throughout the SDLC
- Participate in staff recruitment, performance assessment, training, and career development. Provide mentoring where needed for team members
- Manage the budget and forecast for assigned functions, and is accountable for variances in the expenditures and departmental spending, as well as for operational and capital forecast and expense
- Manage technology purchases and services provided to multiple internal customers, and strive to be a valued and preferred service provider to all business partners
- Create a culture of leadership that support our values and priorities
- Provide leadership that teaches, inspires, and promotes employee empowerment and career development
- Performs other duties as assigned
- 15+ years overall experience in a professional software and/or hardware engineering capacity
- Demonstrated ability to align with business leaders, deliver customer-directed solutions, sustain a 24/7 operational environment, and lead quality initiatives
- Specific experience in Agile (scaled) software development or other best in class development practices a must
- Strong leadership, management, analytical, and communications skills
- Program and project management competency
- Custom software engineering, integration, test and verification.
- Experience with Cloud computing/Elastic computing across virtualized environments
- Experience with deeply technical algorithmic processing at scale, ideally within the Geographic Information Systems and geospatial processing domains
- Experience with remote sensing systems, camera electronics, and processing of raw data coming from remote sensing systems
- Excellent written and oral communication
- Experience in selecting and managing strategic 3rd party vendors
- Bachelors degree in Engineering, Physics, or Math required, advanced degree highly preferred
- Ability to obtain a US DoD security clearance
- Masters and PHD highly preferred
- Minimum DoD Secret Clearance highly preferred
- Geospatial, Raster and vector product experience
- Experience with full life product life cycle technical leadership from ideation to general availability to sunset
DigitalGlobe and Radiant solutions offer a generous compensation package including a competitive salary; choice of medical plan; dental, life, and disability insurance; a 401(K) plan with competitive company match; paid holidays and paid time off.