VP of Pay Products at Worldpay from FIS
We lift economies and communities by advancing the way the world pays, banks and invests.
Since our two companies came together, Worldpay has formed the Merchant Solutions division of FIS. We call it "Worldpay, from FIS". In the time you've taken to read this one sentence, our platforms have processed over 8,000 transactions and this number grows daily. Join us now to realize your own future growth and success.
FIS stays ahead of how the world is evolving to power businesses, across merchants, banking and capital markets, to outpace today's fast-changing competitive landscape and help our clients run, grow and achieve more for their business.
We want all our people to bring their very best self into work, and that means balancing priorities and passions, at work and at home. We create teams without barriers, fostering creativity and innovation - behaviors that we value in everything we do.
The VP of Pay Products oversees new products through their entire lifecycle at Worldpay from FIS ; from concept to creation and beyond. He/she will be an expert on payment products, including terminals, mobile devices, smart pay and alternative payment products. He/she will be a touchpoint for stakeholders to understand needs, timelines, budgets and more. This VP will act as driver a change, leading Worldpay from FIS into the future of payments.
- Directs a comprehensive product strategy from product conception and definition through end of life.
- Responsible for driving payment product strategy for North America, including: terminals, smart pay, mobile (Android) devices and alternative payment products.
- Directs those involved in the design, modification and evaluation of all phases of a specific product or group of products.
- Formulates and executes long-term plans for cost/profit control.
- Promotes use of new technologies and industry-leading trends.
- Selects, develops, and evaluates personnel to ensure the efficient operation of the function.
- Participates with other senior leaders to establish strategic plans and objectives.
- Makes final decisions on administrative or operational matters and ensures operations effective achievement of objectives.
- Ensures budgets and schedules meet corporate requirements.
- Directs and controls the activities of a broad functional area through several department leaders within the company.
- Has overall control of planning, staffing, budgeting, managing expense priorities and recommending and implementing changes to methods.
- Directly manage a global team
- Experience leading product strategy and direct reports within a product organization
- Payment industry experience
- Strong experience in payment devices and various forms of acceptance with the ability to build a forward-looking strategy supporting our diverse and global customer set of small to enterprise merchants in this evolving payment landscape.
- Experience leading a global team
- Experience working closely with technical teams in an agile environment
- Extensive product/project management experience.
- Must be passionate about driving change and possess the desire to make an impact in the industry
- Must be willing to travel domestically and internationally
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Colleagues may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.