VP, Data Products at Sovrn (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
About the Team
We are an extremely hard working team that understands the importance of creating products that solve customer problems. Since we live on the emerging edge of what’s possible, our team is made up of people who love to learn, innovate and deliver.
About the Job
As the VP, Data Products on our Data Solutions team, you’ll develop an inspiring product vision, and turn that vision into strategic actions that align with company goals. You understand all the angles when it comes to addressing the customers’ challenges, opportunities, fears, and desires. You understand the alternatives. You have a clear perspective on where the market is today, where the competition is today, and have a honed opinion on where the market is headed. You are a “visionary” with uncannily strong communication skills that influence the entire publishing and media industry.
What you’ll be doing:
- Responsible for every aspect of our Data offering: customer and market discovery, conceptualization, development, release of the solution, and the ultimate engagement & satisfaction of the customer
- Build products that create a joyful experience; easy to use and support
- Lead day-to-day product management, both supervisory as well as mentorship, to ensure aligned execution and strategy
- Influences and partners closely with the Go-To-Market teams, particularly product marketing, and commercial teams
- Always “In market”
- Identifying and tracking competition
- Driving business development and acquisition opportunities
- Thought leadership, both within the Data industry and with our customers
You’re a leader who is insanely curious, deeply empathizes with the customer, understands all of the alternatives in the market, and is deeply analytical. You intuitively know that no breakthrough ideas can be proven in advance, and yet you can vividly see the breakthroughs. You anticipate problems before they happen, and you have a backup solution. Above all, you’re open to learning, and you’re not afraid to be hands on.
The successful candidate will have:
- 7+ years spent in successfully building and managing Products
- Understanding of product market landscape and desire to be in market to truly understand our customers needs
- Able to clearly communicate the product vision, positioning, promotion and pricing
- Background or in-depth understanding of human psychology
- Able to successfully partner and collaborate with all areas of the business, including engineering, finance, sales, customer success, marketing and design
- Successful delivery of products to Consumer and/or SMB customers
- In-depth knowledge of how Data drives the internet and its various markets
- Experience delivering value to multiple data constituents based on vast quantities of online and consumer data
- Demonstrated ability to communicate with both internal and external stakeholders through writing as well as verbal (presentations)
- Exceptional analytical skills and attention to detail
- Proven ability to motivate and inspire people
- Proven ability to change product and business process as necessary to yield faster, more effective and collaborative delivery and market execution
- Experience with geographically dispersed teams and supplemental (outsourced) development
- Success building and coaching high-performance teams
This position reports to: CTO
Location: Boulder, Colorado
We understand that no candidate is perfectly qualified for any job. Experience comes in different forms; many skills are transferable; and passion goes a long way. Even more important than your resume is a clear demonstration of accountability impact, and the ability to thrive in a fluid and collaborative environment. We expect you to learn new things in this role, and we encourage you to apply if your experience is close to what we're looking for.
Publishers create the content the world depends on for education, entertainment, and commerce. Sovrn provides products and services to tens of thousands of online publishers to help them grow, operate their business, understand their readership, and manage consumer data. Sovrn is headquartered in Boulder, Colorado with offices in San Francisco, New York, and London.
With 10,000 customers deploying one or more products across 30,000 websites, Sovrn reaches 200M consumers across more than 3.5B pageviews everyday. Sovrn has been a leader in online publisher technology since its founding, and has been recognized by IAB, JICWEBS, and TAG for its role in combating advertising fraud and promoting pro-transparency initiatives. Sovrn is dedicated to helping content creators do more of what they love, and less of what they don’t.
Sovrn Core Values: Candid, Customer Empathy, Learning, Scrappy, Second Order Thinking
Compensation and Benefits
In accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act, the approximate compensation range for this role in Boulder, Colorado is $205,000 to $265,000, including base salary and any related bonuses or commissions. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidates relevant work experience, skills, certifications and geographic location. Sovrn offers a full slate of benefits from competitive salaries, stock options, medical, dental and vision coverage, short and long term disability, life insurance,11 paid holidays, flexible vacation, commuter benefits, a 401(k) plan and match, and a paid parental leave program.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Sovrn is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants regardless of race, color, religion, gender, gender identity, age, national origin, disability, parental or pregnancy status, marriage and civil partnership, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Reasonable accommodations will be made to meet the requirements of the Americans with Disabilities Act and will be provided as requested by candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
Sovrn does not accept agency resumes. Please do not forward resumes to our jobs alias or Sovrn employees. Sovrn is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.