Vice President, Product Lifecycle
We are looking for a passionate, experienced product executive to drive the vision, direction, creation, and implementation of multi-year product and service roadmaps that achieve the Company’s strategy and financial goals by working with customers, prospects, industry groups, sales, marketing, and internal development teams to identify, synthesize, hypothesize, test, deliver, and improve products and services that drive customer value from live streaming video.
This position takes a customer centric approach to collaborating with varying levels of internal and external stakeholders and requires a strong team-focused approach, direct interactions with customers, and public presentations. Key skills include the ability to synthesize technical capabilities into clear customer benefits, and synthesize customer feedback into broad opportunities, each using customer centric rapid learning and validation.
You will be responsible for end to end product strategy and lifecycle management of our entire product portfolio and operate as a member of the executive team and a key leader at the company. You will direct cross-functional teams and work very closely with leaders of the engineering, sales, support, finance and marketing teams, influencing Wowza to adopt new ideas, best practices and approaches within the product lifecycle function. Strong business acumen, customer focus and a rapid validation approach are essential to the success of this position as well as the ability to distill complex information from multiple sources into clear, compelling and actionable business cases.
What you will be doing
- Owning and leading the full product lifecycle – from concept through maximizing revenue at scale. This includes product portfolio management, requirements gathering, delivery, commercialization, validation, testing, optimization, and end of life
- Leading the voice of customer research, product definition, product features, performance requirements and tradeoffs, product value proposition, and business cases.
- Managing and optimizing existing product business including maintaining product P&Ls and forecasts, monitoring product delivery and quality issues, monitoring competitive landscape, interacting with key opinion leaders, and providing support to the commercial team as needed.
- Driving execution and delivery of timely product features and capabilities without sacrificing quality
- Ensuring our marketing and sales teams are well informed of the customer’s job to be done and their problem to solve so they can align their strategies accordingly
- Effectively communicating Wowza’s product strategy and roadmap to customers, prospects, partners, Board of Directors, employees, and other key stakeholders
- Establishing processes to use market, customer, and internal team feedback, and incorporate in an overall product plan to inform prioritization of engineering and product roadmaps
- Creating an environment that fosters fast iteration metrics-driven experimentation that leads to impactful customer improvements with business impact
- Building relationships with key opinion leaders and strategic partners to support product lifecycle objectives; fostering client relationships and business development, leveraging existing relationships and establishing new ones.
- Assessing the market opportunity for relevant technologies and products, presenting powerful competitive analysis and customer opportunity assessments
Experience We’d Like You to Have
- At least 8+ years or more relevant experience in product portfolio and lifecycle management with deep expertise of underlying business processes of Product Development, coupled with technical expertise in support of these processes
- Exceptional leadership, management communication, and presentation skills with experience building/managing relationships with business customers at executive and senior management levels
- Experience in small – mid size growing software organizations, global delivery and BPO / SaaS models
- Demonstrated success in managing multiple stakeholders and resolving conflict within teams, prioritizing and driving to results with a high emphasis on quality.
- Deep knowledge of and experience with lean testing and experimental design, Agile/SAFe, Software as a Service (SaaS), Business Process Architecture
Who We Are
Wowza Media Systems (www.wowza.com) creates streaming products and services for delivering video and audio streams to any screen, from desktops to televisions to mobile devices. We have been in business for over ten years, won numerous industry awards, and are driving over 19,000 customers in more than 170 countries.
We are committed to shaping the streaming industry and lead the way with products and services that both simplify streaming, and provide tools for advanced users to build their own customized solutions. By staying true to our focus on customer success we continue to redefine our industry and impact the world.
What we love about working at Wowza:
- Million Dollar Views of the Mountains, Denver Metro, and Live Buffalo!
- Strong benefits package including Health, Dental, Life & Disability Insurance, PTO and 401k match
- An appetizing kitchen stocked with food and drinks…. dog treats too!
- The ability to work with amazing clients and partners such as ESPN, Walt Disney, Facebook, US Air Force, Harvard University and Amazon
- Yoga Classes and Gym Discounts to satisfy that urge to move
- Spacious office with state of the art equipment
This is a great opportunity to build an exciting and rewarding career with an innovative, successful emerging technology company that is passionate about our customers and has a track record of delivering results.