Technology Capability Leader - Digital Productivity and Collaboration
Ball Corporation manufactures aluminum packaging for beverage, personal care and household products, and provides aerospace and other technologies for commercial and government customers. We have been in business for over 140 years and is leading the charge in creating solutions that keep our planet healthy. Ball Corp has been nationally recognized as a leading company in the creation of sustainable products (Fast Company World Changing Ideas award) as well as one of America's Best Employers for Diversity (Forbes Magazine.) Join our team of over 18,000 people worldwide in our quest to make the world a cleaner and healthier place. BE BIGGER THAN YOURSELF. BE UNSTOPPABLE. BE AN INSPIRATION. JOIN US IN MAKING THE WORLD A BETTER PLACE.
Primary Purpose of the Position:
The Technology Capability Lead – Digital Productivity and Collaboration (TCL) has the primary accountability for driving the formation of solutions to support the need for change within the portfolio of applications supporting the global organization as it relations to productivity and collaboration. This is a new role and is cricital to better enable a more flexible working environment with those who are both on-site an off-site. The TCL will use a disciplined approach to engage the business using well-defined standardized engagement processes. The lead will serve as the overall person accountable to enable Ball with tools and technology in the productivity and collaboration space and is accountable for understanding business needs, crafting solutions to meet them, and quantifying the related benefits of IT investment. The TCL will be responsible for delivery of all technology deployment and enablement initiatives across the full spectrum of the productivity and collaboration space, including O365 (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio), MS Planner, Sharepoint Online, MS OneDrive, Teams, Cisco Webex, Virtual Whiteboarding, and Conference room equipment such as voice, video, and smartmarts.
Essential Responsible Areas:
- The TCL role designs and runs phases, from decision making to oversight of project delivery, and is responsible for capability roadmaps that describe how the portfolio of systems/solutions will effectively meet evolving business needs and align to support the business strategy.
- The TCL will partner with the resource manager within the development team to assure that resourcing is assigned to projects and BAU activities in a timely manner and to plan for upcoming demand. The TCL will maintain knowledge of technology and industry trends that can provide more efficient and effective support for achieving the business strategy of their stakeholder functions.
- The TCL is responsible to develop and present in stakeholder reviews to describe IT capability alignment with business objectives.
- The TCL provides input during the strategic planning process, to define capacity requirements for upcoming demand.
- The TCL is responsible for reporting on status/health of the projects that are within their portfolio of investment, including all IT effort (e.g., pulling together updates from technical project managers from other organizations).
- The TCL will also assure that solutions are consistent with architectural guidelines, frameworks and standards defined by EA.
- Establish and adhere to a portfolio management process (with supporting tools) and support the enterprise analysis of demand.
- Provide the primary business interface to IT functions in order to assure alignment with business’ needs and drive visibility for the business in performance of the investment portfolio.
- In concert with the Business PMO teams, ensure that business projects and programs, that enable change are prioritized across the enterprise portfolio rather than within organizational and operational silos.
- Participate in IT’s planning processes to represent relevant functional business capabilities.
- Partner closely with the various businesses to understand, prioritize and describe demand, and serve as the interface in scheduling and sequencing delivery; timely capture demand into IT toolset.
- Create a recurring, two-way communication program to keep the business entities apprised of IT performance, project status and strategic priorities.
- Understand the goals, strategies, and plans – as well as critical success factors for functional business partners.
- Manages and develops the capability and professional standards of the IT function (individual and organizational capability); continuously assesses talent and develops future leaders for Ball; inspires individuals and creates an environment of feedback, collaboration, and team achievement.
- The TCL may manage project managers, business analysts and solution architects during project delivery to accomplish the following:
- Formally complete RFI/RFQ components where necessary for both software selection and system implementation partners;
- Develop and execute a project plan that details the timeline, milestones and, manages resources, risk, budgets and quality to meet the objectives of the business;
- Develop detailed requirements. document use-cases, as-is and to-be processes, and over-see user acceptance testing while assuring requirements traceability; and,
- Drive the solution architecture, develop solution design (as supported solution engineers), derive time/cost estimates, and assure architectural integrity of the solution.
Position Requirement & Competencies:
- Broad training in a related field usually acquired through college level education or work-related experience
- Job related experience for 8 year(s) minimum with increasing levels of responsibility in a large, complex corporate information technology environment
- Experience with Robotics Process Automation (RPA) as well as Master Data Management approaches and technologies
- Experience implementing global collaboration and productivity tools such as the full M365 suite, Cisco Webex, as well as other fit for purpose collaboration tools
- Working knowledge of business architecture concepts (TOGAF preferred)
- Strong prior experience in a technology delivery role
- Ability to communicate effectively at all organizational levels
- Strong technical acumen – understands current technology trends and can contextualize them in a business setting
- Focus on continuous improvement and quality in delivery; working knowledge of concepts of Lean and Agile
- Ability to create formal business cases showing ROI opportunities
- Requires planning skills at a strategic, global level; ability to translate strategic plans into specific objectives and then be able to execute within established KPIs
- Must be able to negotiate with key business customers and stakeholders and vendors
- Experience in leading global, multinational and remote teams, including off-shore, in matrix organization with demonstrated ability to work across and deliver multiple critical paths and develop schedules in a collaborative environment
- Previous consulting experience a plus
Compensation & Benefits:
- Hiring Salary Range: $ 113,500 - 176,000 (Salary to be determined by the applicant’s education, experience, knowledge, skills, and abilities, as well as internal equity and alignment with market data.)
- Job Grade: 14
- Other Compensation: This role will be eligible to participate in the annual incentive compensation plan.
- Regular Full-Time Salaried and Hourly positions: Ball includes a comprehensive benefits structure, Go to our career site and click "Total Rewards" to learn more.
Ball Corporation has been made aware of reports involving fraudulent job offers. These often appear legitimate, but Ball does not make job offers until after a candidate has submitted a job application and has participated in a face-to-face interview (In person or via WebEx). All email correspondence from Ball Corporation ends in “@ball.com.” Please also be advised that Ball will never request payment or require candidates to deposit a check during the recruitment and onboarding processes. If you have questions about any open positions at Ball, please visit our careers website at https://jobs.ball.com/.
If you have applied to a position and have been asked for personal information through LinkedIn, please notify LinkedIn directly.
Equal Opportunity Employer
Minority, Female, Disabled, Lesbian, Gay, Bi-sexual, Transgender and Veterans