Technical Software Product Manager at Invitae (Greater Boulder Area, CO)
Invitae is dedicated to bringing comprehensive genetic information into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our team is driven to make a difference for the patients we serve. We are leading the transformation of the genetics industry by making genetic testing affordable and accessible for everyone to guide health decisions across all stages of life.Position summary:
The Technical Software Product Manager will provide project management leadership and expertise to enable the organization to meet business objectives. This individual will centrally manage one or more projects within the commercial software department and will apply project management knowledge, skills, tools, and techniques to project activities to meet requirements and achieve desired outcomes. This position coordinates departmental or cross-functional teams, passionate about delivering new or upgrading existing products. Additionally, the technical software project manager monitors projects from initiation through delivery including planning, directing schedules, and monitoring of budgets and spending. The Project Manager will engage subject matter experts and functional leaders to develop integrated project plans, identify stakeholder requirements, and balance competing project constraints of scope, quality, schedule, budget, resources, and risk. The ideal candidate will have the ability to collect and understand user needs and requirements as they pertain to the software.Responsibilities:
Job performance will involve a variety of activities including:
- Ensure projects are delivered on time and risks associated with timelines/deliverables are clearly communicated to management.
- Develop integrated project management plans and project schedules through the use of progressive elaboration
- Document key project decisions and facilitate information management processes
- Prioritize team and physical resource allocations.
- Implement processes to handle and control all types of project change
- Lead project team meetings, develop agendas, follow-up on action items
- Address the needs, concerns, and expectations of all stakeholders through active and collaborative communication
- Effective verbal and written communication with internal and external stakeholders including clients and regulators.
- Support project teams through the initiation, planning, execution, monitoring/control, and closing of their projects by providing sound project management expertise and coaching.
- Facilitate issue and risk management in collaboration with the project/program teams.
- Support the implementation of standard project and business management processes and tools. These processes and tools may include the development, monitor, and control of integrated timelines, budgets, risk management plans, communication plans, and business process maps.
- Generate or integrate project-specific metrics/reports and analyzing options and opportunities to optimize the project team’s productivity.
- Collect data for and prepare accurate management of governance committee updates on project status using appropriate templates and tools.
- Establish, maintain and use information repositories and collaboration sites.
- Identify and mitigate project risks.
- Proficiency with standard project management software and enterprise resourcing planning.
- Effectively communicate project status to external partners throughout the development process
- Bring forth solutions to meet timelines when at risk.
- Must have experience operating at the individual project level for organizational project management.
- Proven track record to coordinate multifaceted projects, including multitasking, deliverables management, and timeline management.
- Demonstrate the ability to work within a commercial environment and influence with and without authority in a cross-functional role.
- Experience in diagnostic development or similar development paradigm
- Must have demonstrated knowledge of project management skills, tools, and processes in areas such as timeline, cost, and risk management.
- High energy, self-motivated, approachable and articulate teammate.
- Demonstrates strong leadership capabilities with the ability to lead a cross-functional team (assay development, laboratory, clinical, software, etc.) through a sophisticated development program.
- Significant experience with clinical trials within a biotechnology, pharmaceutical or biopharmaceutical company.
- Demonstrated ability to design and develop products and to interpret and evaluate clinical data.
- The ability to forge strong internal and external partnerships coupled with excellent presentation, communication, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal, team working, and leadership skills.
- Strong attention to detail demonstrating accuracy in tracking and reporting data.
- Good problem-solving skills; able to anticipate and recognize problems, diagnose root causes and take corrective action to prevent a recurrence.
- Independent self-management and organizational skills; able to handle workload, set personal and project priorities and adjust as needed.
- Flexibility to adjust quickly and effectively to frequent change and altered priorities.
- Excellent work planning and execution/delivery skills – includes problem-solving, prioritization, and task-level influence skills.
- Ability to influence without power.
- Strong ability to communicate both at a detailed (e.g. task status, task management, task execution) level and management through the executive level (e.g., high-level summary verbal and written to sponsors of the planning and execution status).
- MS/Ph.D. preferred with relevant training in Computer Science, Bioinformatics, Software, Chemistry, Manufacturing, and/or Biological Sciences or equivalent experience.
- Project management certification (PMP®, PRINCE2®) or equivalent.
Invitae offers a competitive total rewards package, which includes healthcare coverage, 401k, and a broad range of other benefits, outlined below:
Health, dental, vision, short- and long-term disability, and basic life insurance coverage
Paid time off, holiday pay, parental leave, and other health and wellness supports
In Colorado, our competitive compensation package includes a base salary starting from $97,000. In resolving final salary offered, we will evaluate a specific candidate's geographic location, education, skills, and experience.
At Invitae, we value diversity and provide equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance.