Technical Product Manager at IHS Markit Digital
- Possess a fundamental understanding of end-to-end customer experience integration and dependencies.
- Collaborate with stakeholders (cross-functional teams, business partners, management) during the visioning and concept development of a client project or new features.
- Assess value, prioritize and write stories, epics and themes to ensure work focuses on those with maximum value that are aligned with product strategy.
- Collaborate with internal stakeholders to translate business and technical requirements into user and technical stories for delivery scrum team to implement.
- Clear communication and organization both within the team, and with stakeholders.
- Create and maintain the Product backlog.
- Attend sprint planning meetings.
- Present on product and component progress to stakeholders and leadership.
- In-depth understanding of Agile methodologies, and up-to-date on industry standards and best practices.
What we’re looking for:
- Experience in the Financial, Software, and/or Digital sectors strongly preferred
- Particular focus on API Design, modern API technology, financial data, and working with internal stakeholders preferred
- Minimum 2 years experience in Scrum and Agile
- Minimum 2 years Product Owner / Product Development experience working with a team to deliver software in an enterprise environment
- Strong knowledge of relevant agile metrics and charts (e.g. burndown, velocity, burnup, CFD) and ability to interpret them in conjunction with release planning
- Strong knowledge of CI/CD methodologies, as well as more structured release methodologies, and the ability to know when to use which
- Proven analytic and problem-solving skills including a thorough understanding of how to interpret internal business and technical needs and translate them into application and operational requirements
- Proven verbal and written communication skills to communicate effectively to customers, managers and colleagues
- Experience with lean product design a plus
It is the policy of IHS Markit to provide equal employment opportunity (EEO) to all persons regardless of age, color, national origin, citizenship status, physical or mental disability, race, religion, creed, gender, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity and/or expression, genetic information, marital status, status with regard to public assistance, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. In addition, IHS Markit will provide reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities. We maintain a drug-free workplace. For candidates in the US, we are a participant in E-Verify (see link below).