Technical Product Manager
We’d love for you to join our growing payroll engineering and product team in Denver. As part of the payroll PM team, you’ll need a strong product sense and the ability to inspire and lead a cross-functional team. You'll have a high level of ownership and visibility as you'll be an early member of the PM team in Denver.
Here’s why we think you should join us:
You want to craft a product that customers love. In order to deliver peace of mind to our customers, Gusto pays and files taxes for over 60,000 small businesses across all 50 states. Moving money and payroll is complex, but our customers depend on us to get it right. Through technology and automation, our teams in Denver are transforming core pieces of the product to to deliver an amazing customer experience.
You want to have a meaningful impact. Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. We do so by simplifying complex decisions and tasks across Payroll, HR and Benefits. Not only will your work at Gusto help the more than 60,000 businesses we already serve, but Gusto is growing so quickly that every employee can have a large personal impact on the trajectory of our business.
You want to work with great people. Gusto is first and foremost Customer Driven – Engineering, Product and Design collaborate as equals. We value thoughtfulness and empathy. We take pride in making smart decisions based on customer research, design sprints and prototyping while balancing short and long term technical decisions.
You want to learn how to scale a successful startup. One path to building an enduring company is to take a problem that seemed too complex to tackle, and simply do it better than anyone before. There’s no question that Payroll, HR & Benefits is a huge market. With sizable revenue and investments from Google Capital, General Catalyst, and Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers (among others), we are set up to make the most of the giant opportunity ahead of us.
Here’s what you’ll do day-to-day:
- Partner with engineering teams in Denver and San Francisco to solve critical technical problems
- Be an owner of complex features and products that support Gustos’ ability to scale
- Ensure employees are paid and taxes are filed for over 60,000 small businesses
- Identify market opportunities, build business cases, and define product vision and strategy
- Work closely with Gusto’s operational teams to create and refine internal products that allow Gusto to deliver best in class service
- Balance trade off decisions between short and long-term investments in automation and internal tools
- Understand internal and external customer pain points, come up with solutions, and then prototype, iterate, and launch frequently
- Work closely with engineering, design and support teams across San Francisco and Denver
Here’s what we’re looking for:
- A degree in computer science or other technical background
- 4+ years of product management experience, working closely with high functioning engineering teams
- Have a proven track record of product launches
- Be entrepreneurial, driven, and passionate
- Be organized and advocate for design methodologies and processes
- Be sincerely empathetic and kind
Our customers come from all walks of life and so do we. We hire people from a wide variety of backgrounds, not just because it’s the right thing to do, but because it makes our company stronger. If you share our values and our enthusiasm for small businesses, you will find a home at Gusto.
Gusto’s mission is to create a world where work empowers a better life. By making complicated, impersonal business tasks simple and personal, Gusto is reimagining HR, payroll, and benefits for over 60,000 companies nationwide. Gusto has offices in San Francisco and Denver and the company’s investors include Google Capital, General Catalyst, Kleiner Perkins Caufield & Byers, as well as the founders of Instagram, Stripe, Nest, PayPal, Yelp, Dropbox, and Eventbrite, among others.