Technical Product Manager - Supply Chain Analytics at GHX
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
The Technical Product Manager, Supply Chain Analytics, partners with a broad array of internal and external stakeholders and contributors to ensure the delivery of successful products within the portfolio. This role includes gathering requirements, prioritizing work, and collaborating with on-shore and off-shore development team members to meet delivery timeframes and other success metrics.
In supporting the Supply Chain Analytics portfolio, the Technical Product Manager will help drive GHX analytics solutions designed for improving the effectiveness of customer supply chain operations.
- Lead the day-to-day execution on the Supply Chain Analytics product portfolio roadmap within GHX, working with development, solution delivery, support, and other cross-functional teams to achieve success for portfolio products
- Collaborate with the broader product management team for the portfolio to establish a vision and roadmap for the portfolio, taking the lead in breaking down the roadmap into epics, user stories, and releases
- Act as subject matter expert for portfolio products, interfacing with internal and external stakeholders to gather requirements, communicate knowledge, and resolve issues
- Particular areas of focus include:
- Aligning data and the user experience of data across the numerous places where customers consume GHX analytics
- Designing analytics solutions that provide measurable improvements for GHX customers
- Designing analytics solutions that drive increased value for other GHX applications, making the entire product ecosystem stickier
- Support the establishment of the product vision and roadmap for the portfolio.
- Work with customers and other stakeholders to define personas and document requirements.
- Collaborate with development and other domain and cross-functional teams to translate the roadmap and requirements into releases with defined scope and levels of effort.
- Manage the product backlog, grooming stories and establishing priorities.
- Liaison with market, sales, and customer success teams to set expectations regarding product capabilities and delivery timelines.
- Manage releases to ensure successful product introduction, coordinating milestones across teams.
- Work with development, support, and customer operations to monitor product performance and proactively identify opportunities for product improvements.
- Identify risks, issues, and problems, proposing mitigation plans to overcome obstacles.
- Able and willing to travel approximately 20% of time
- Other duties as assigned
- Strong team player
- Experience working within an Agile methodology and demonstrated ability to effectively operate within an Agile team environment
- Demonstrated ability to work with a blend of on-shore and off-shore development teams
- A technical mindset with great attention to detail
- High quality organizational and leadership skills
- Ability to work well with others and resolve conflicts that may arise between different viewpoints
- Ability to assess risks and dependencies and to identify mitigation strategies and set priorities
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Skilled in leading meetings, setting agendas, driving decisions, and negotiating
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience
- B.S. degree in Computer Science, MIS, Engineering, or related discipline/experience, or a combination of education and related work experience
- 3+ years in a Technical Product Management/Product Owner role within an Agile environment
- Experience with data, data manipulation, SQL or related, and Excel
- Experience working with Looker, Tableau, or other similar reporting and data visualization software
- Understanding of cloud technology including AWS, Redshift, S3, etc.
- Advanced degree in a technology-related field
- Advanced experience in creating data visualizations
- Experience in healthcare analytics
- Experience in supply chain technology
- Familiarity with data science methodologies
- Certifications in relevant product management and Agile development methodologies
- Prior success in building applications that deliver data and insights around that data
- Prior success in building solutions that rely on synthesizing multiple disparate data sources
- Deep experience in analytics, data science, data visualization, etc.—with an emphasis on documenting business requirements and success criteria for projects in those areas
- Experience that demonstrates a strong understanding of one or more of the personas served by the portfolio
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)