Founded in 2015, Automox is coming off its fourth quarter of record growth that has seen its platform become the most recommended solution in endpoint security and the preferred endpoint management solution for over 1,500 customers across 30 countries. With an increasing number of operating systems, servers, hardware, and applications that need to be maintained, updated, configured, and patched on a regular basis, IT ops teams are feeling fatigued and vulnerable. Automox is building a company and team to tackle this problem for millions of endpoints.
Automox is seeking a seasoned technical product manager to help bring about the new Automox product platform. We are reimagining our platform with scaling, data and flexibility in mind to unlock substantial product opportunities for our current and future customers. The platform’s stakeholders are product managers, although direct engagement with customers and a solid understanding of problem and solution validation are critical. You will gather requirements from product managers and customers, identify and coordinate dependencies across the platform and drive development estimates and execution. Independence and a willingness to find the best solution for the problem or opportunity are core to this role. Strong experience with the product development process and the software development life cycle is required. Familiarity with endpoint management and/or cybersecurity and a technical/architecture background are preferred. Successful candidates are team-oriented, work collaboratively inside and outside of the building, and bring a passionate and driven attitude to structured product development.
The Automox product management team is empowered and outcome driven, and develops and drives key OKRs -- individual and shared -- at every level. We have a lightweight product development lifecycle that drives lean startup methodology, experimentation and a learning mindset.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be a passionate advocate for customers -- Help Automox drive positive product experiences that deliver value quickly and delight customers
- Own complex and innovative product enablement initiatives driven by customer use cases from concept to release, setting specific requirements and direction
- Collaborate with engineers, engineering managers and other PMs to move from validated problem statements and specific customer use cases to concept ideation and solution validation and facilitate design
- Team up with the rest of product management to turn the roadmap into a sprint plan, while surfacing areas to improve the product, process, and experience
- Work independently to prioritize features and improvements against the Automox roadmap and vision
- Own the feedback loop for your features, driving customer validation and fast iteration into requirements
- Contribute actively to the global Automox product roadmap
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 5-7 years of product experience, which can include product owner, engineering or architecture experience
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a lot of ambiguity
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude that allows you to work effectively with engineering, sales/marketing, and other product team members globally
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and make tough tradeoff decisions, balancing delivery of customer value (and potentially temporary tech debt) with delivery of the new platform
- Ability to clearly communicate an underlying problem statement, made evident through discovered use cases and/or data
- Positive, can-do attitude and bias toward action, ability to create positive momentum
- Experience using Agile or Lean methodologies in an enterprise setting
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to consider multiple approaches to solve problems and apply a system to select the best one for Automox
- Experience with product/user data and analytics tools like Google Analytics, Segment, Heap, Pendo to inform product decisions is a plus
- Saas experience (customer lifecycle, billing/expansion, funnel metrics) strongly preferredIntellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including internal and external executive communication and the ability to create first-class presentations
- Industry experience: Endpoint management, IT Operations or Security is highly preferred
- Technical degree and/or architectural experience strongly preferred
Automox aims to be an employer of choice and we know that means offering a comprehensive compensation package to support our employees. Our packages include base salary, bonus, equity, and benefits for all full time permanent employees.
-Healthcare options through Cigna and Guardian including Medical, Dental, Vision, Basic Life insurance, Voluntary Life Insurance, Basic STD & LTD, HSA, FSA, 401(k) and more. Automox has a generous employer contribution towards all health plans with low premiums for all employees.
-Parental Benefits: Adoption benefits, Parental leave
-Time off: We have a flexible PTO policy with an additional 9 paid holidays.
-Perks: Monthly internet and wellness stipend, money to set up your home office, and no commute.
-Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. We start at the midpoint of the range and move up or down from there based on a person's skills, experience, and location all of which impact where someone might come in on the range.
-minimum = $100,000 midpoint = $125,000 maximum = $150,000
-All employees are part of our Company bonus plan. Our bonus is a mix of company performance and individual contributions.
WHY AUTOMOX We are on a mission to enable every IT Admin to automate the fundamental tasks that keep their corporation secure. This mission can only be accomplished with a culture embodies entrepreneurialism, accountability and providing our employees with the clear direction and freedom to do their best work. We don’t measure excellence based on how but on the what. Each employee has a value and contribution to the success of Automox. We look forward to working with you and seeing the success you will bring on our journey.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.