Technical Product Manager, Platform API at ReCharge
With over 10,000 online merchants launching subscriptions and over 1,000,000 subscribers powered by ReCharge, we have a lot of store owners to support. Our mission to make repeat orders easier began five years ago as a bootstrapped startup and today we're at the forefront of recurring billing software with over 200 remote-first employees around the globe processing hundreds of millions of dollars in sales every month.
As Product Manager for the Platform API team you will be the key strategic and tactical link to ensure the Platform API team delivers. We’re looking for teammates who are resourceful, dedicated, and passionate about solving challenging problems. This role is for someone who loves diving into the details while also keeping the big picture in mind. We need a creative and resourceful integrator who will actively listen for problems and then accelerate the team towards solving.
Our stack includes: Flask, Python, Vue.jsWhat You’ll Do
- Live by and champion our values: #ownership, #empathy, #simple-solutions.
- Read API docs from ecommerce platforms, payment processors, and 3rd party integration partners
- Work with existing and new 3rd party integration partners to add and evolve their integrations into ReCharge.
- Dive into technical details with partner engineering teams and drive technical solutions.
- Write epics and detailed user stories for the engineering, QA, and design teams to fully understand the scope of functionality and business drivers, so they can estimate and deliver in a timely manner with high quality.
- Facilitate and work in sprints with daily stand-ups, weekly grooming and planning sessions.
- Prioritize features and define requirements for successful delivery.
- Grow into a subject matter expert.
- 5+ years of product management experience in a fast paced technology driven company (preferably SaaS)
- Love reading API docs and figuring out how ReCharge and the other system will integrate
- Near code level technical proficiency with modern APIs
- Strategic experience with API clients and integrators
- 3+ years experience working directly with software engineering teams to build product
- An entrepreneurial spirit and excited to work on complex problems at scale
- Motivated by finding ways to use process to produce results (not as an end unto itself)
- Ability to work autonomously with a balanced team approach, you don't need to wait for directions, but know when buy-in is critical
- Ability to work remotely and desire to make an impact in a highly visible role
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
ReCharge Payments is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with our principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. ReCharge Payments prohibits any form of workplace harassment.