Technical Product Manager, Integrations
Guild is one of Denver’s fastest growing startups – increasing economic mobility for working adults in America, providing education and support to help every student survive and thrive in the economy of tomorrow. Our education benefits platform helps employers offer education as a benefit to their employees, and our network of nonprofit universities and education institutions helps provide every Guild student with the right academic pathway to advance their education and career. In order to achieve our mission to serve 1000s more students and accelerate our growth, we recently raised a $21M Series B round with top tier investors including Bessemer Venture Partners, Redpoint Ventures, Social Capital, Harrison Metal, and Cowboy Ventures. Now, we’re looking to add a Technical Product Manager focused on integrations to the team.
You’ll love this role if you are excited to use technology to connect Guild’s marketplace, ultimately enabling thousands of students to go to school affordably. You’ll work deeply with our university and academic partners, connecting the teams with data flowing both directions and empowering other Guild teams from finance to coaching to build systems which “make the magic happen” for thousands of students every year.
A day in our open, collaborative workspace might look like:
- A conversation or visit with one of our academic partners to add a new data feed to our series of data pipes, helping Guild’s coaches support more students
- Coordination with your fellow PMs on incoming data and how it will impact their teams such as new programs in the catalog or new types of information available to their coaches
- Requirement planning with your data engineers about how to best deploy Guild’s data ingestion playbook to collect the new data feed from the academic partner
- And more!
In this role, you will grow and expand your expertise by:
- Developing deep knowledge of technical data systems, from ingestion through normalization and consumption by internal and external partners
- Partnering directly with a world-class partner management organization focused on building long term, valuable, scalable relationships with our academic partners
- Building a massive data system from scratch. We have the beginnings but are looking for someone to help us define and execute a vision for how data should impact Guild’s students and partners.
You’ll know if you’re successful if:
- We have consistent, stable, and accurate data connections from our dozens of academic partners and have re-defined our systems for future integrations
- Company “go-lives” and integrations happen smoothly and effectively, connecting thousands of potential students into Guild’s network of academic partners and financial support systems.
You’ll join a team:
- Focused on our double-bottom-line mission of changing higher ed for working adults and building a successful startup in Denver
- From diverse backgrounds – from traditional higher education, to athletic coaches, to politicians, to startup leaders (and more!)
- Of learners & problem-solvers dedicated to our dual mission of changing education in America while building a successful, high-growth company
- Committed to building a diverse, equitable, and inclusive environment that you’d support every day
What you’ll add to Guild – as an individual and part of the broader team:
- Experience in a startup or similar fast-paced environment where there is frequent change and a need to demonstrate and act with a sense of urgency
- 2+ years as a technology product manager with a demonstrated history of building products that drive step function impacts to business
- Experience and excitement about building strong relationships with partners
- Passion for our mission – Guild is pioneering a new path for education as a benefit in a complicated and regulated space – success means quickly and effectively adapting your expertise
- Background in software environments requiring high precision (e.g. healthcare, finance, inventory management) as QA engineer, software developer, product manager or analyst a plus
- Something else? Wonderful, we’re curious to learn more about you!