Technical Product Manager, Billing and Licensing at Alteryx
Alteryx is searching for a Technical Product Manager in our Broomfield office (REMOTE is an option).
We're looking for problem solvers, innovators, and dreamers who are searching for anything but business as usual. Like us, you're a high performer who's an expert at your craft, constantly challenging the status quo. You value inclusivity and want to join a culture that empowers you to show up as your authentic self. You know that success hinges on commitment, that our differences make us stronger, and that the finish line is always sweeter when the whole team crosses together.
A Technical Product Manager in the Alteryx team is directly responsible for helping define the vision, feature development and further assistance in the creation of product roadmaps around a specific product area within the Alteryx product line. This person will work directly with customers as well as internal stakeholders from organizations such as sales, marketing, development, and other members of the Product Management team to follow through on the execution and delivery of their respective product areas.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of data science and machine learning and how to use this understanding to create end-user enterprise software. Historical proficiency in running technical data-driven products and a creative, disruptive mindset for innovation are also keys to success in this role.
What you'll do:
- Work with one or more development teams to organize and manage large scope projects from initial design concept through the life- cycle of products; participate in team ceremonies including stand-ups, story refinements, and team retrospectives to align the team towards a successful delivery cycle.
- Collaborate with Product Managers to understand the product investment area; help prioritize initiatives supporting those goals and communicate their business value.
- Work with development team leaders to drive the planning process; facilitate the kick-off process to break initiatives into feature and user story-level requirements; ensure development efforts meet business requirements and timelines; decision-maker for user-facing functionality.
- Responsible for maintaining a prioritized feature backlog and communicating priorities to the Development team.
- Responsible for feature and user story acceptance, where features or stories have customer-facing value.
- Manage the successful delivery of features defined in the product roadmap with respective teams throughout the development life cycle; keep management and others informed.
- Help to identify, manage and communicate initiative and feature risks and dependencies across multiple teams.
- The primary point of contact for inward-facing stakeholders (i.e., development, QA, UX, technical writing, and all supporting teams) regarding the value of initiatives and relationship to product vision.
- Focus on delivering quality features; collaborate with QA by approving test plans; respond to feedback via the Alteryx Beta Program.
- 3+ years of Technical Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry.
- Demonstrated success defining and launching exciting software products in a CI/CD or Agile environment.
- Domain knowledge and experience with micro-service and SaaS architectures.
- Ability to use quantitative and qualitative data to influence cross-functional teams roadmaps.
- Contribute towards standards and adoption for platform services across the product and engineering oganizations.
- Excellent communication skills, with the ability to present complex ideas in a clear, concise fashion to technical and non-technical audiences
- Detail-oriented with critical thinking skills - ability to break down initiative-level requirements into feature and story attribute level details.
- Project management skills; ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; strategic thinking with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast-paced and changing environment.
Alteryx is committed to fair and equitable compensation practices. The salary range for this role in Broomfield, CO is $88,400 - $150,300. This position is also remote-friendly and, as such, compensation will ultimately be in line with the location in which the position is filled. Final compensation for this role will be determined by various factors such as a candidate's relevant work experience, skills, certifications, and geographic location.
This role is eligible for variable compensation including bonus and stock grants.
Find yourself checking a lot of these boxes but doubting whether you should apply? At Alteryx, we support a growth mindset for our associates through all stages of their careers. If you meet some of the requirements and you share our values, we encourage you to apply. As part of our ongoing commitment to a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace, we're invested in building teams with a wide variety of backgrounds, identities, and experiences.
Benefits & Perks:
Alteryx has amazing benefits for all Associates which can be viewed here.