Technical Product Manager (ADX-278-20)
In October 2020, Invitae Corporation (NYSE: NVTA) combined with ArcherDX, a genomic analysis company specializing in cancer diagnostics and monitoring, to create a leading comprehensive medical and cancer genetics company. As a combined company, Invitae, is bringing world-class genetic testing and diagnostics into mainstream medicine to improve healthcare for billions of people. Our goal is to aggregate the world’s genetic tests into a single service with higher quality and accuracy, faster turnaround time and actionable results. Learn more at invitae.com and archerdx.com.
The Technical Product Manager is responsible for working directly with customers, business development managers, alliance management, assay development, and the internal operations team to coordinate and report on product feasibility studies and IVD assay development milestones. This position will report to the Associate Technical Director of IVD Assay Development. The Technical Product Manager will be expected to have a detailed understanding of the Archer AMP™ technology platform including reagent chemistry and bioinformatics pipelines and proficiency in design control procedures.
Job performance will include a variety of activities including:
- Communicate timelines to customers and the business development team for feasibility studies
- Drive projects forward to ensure internal and external deadlines are met
- Generate ideas to improve existing offerings, improve process efficiency, and drive future technology
- Maintain detailed, accurate, and accessible records of feasibility studies, custom assay requests, and designs
- Identify opportunities for process improvements
- Additional duties as assigned
- Review, understanding, and compliance with ArcherDX HIPAA Security policies and procedures.
- Safeguarding the privacy and security of protected health information and European Union personal data.
- Processing and handling of European Union personal data only as directed by ArcherDX for purposes of personalized molecular pathology.
- 3+ years of laboratory experience
- 2+ years relevant industry experience
- 1+ year in a customer facing support role
- Drive and determination
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and dynamic environment
- Ability to participate with others as a member of the team to ensure that demanding and difficult projects are handled smoothly and cooperatively to enhance the success of the projects and maintain strong relationships within all parts of the company
- Strong communication and presentation skills
- Driven to perform
- Self-directed: needs little explicit direction and no hand holding
- Able to organize, prioritize, and delegate tasks to efficiently move projects forward.
- Comfortable contextualizing studies which meet varying levels of compliance (ie QMS, CAP/CLIA, 21 CFR 820, etc)
- MS/PhD in biochemistry or related field and/or equivalent combination of education and experience
Read Full Job Description