Zayo provides mission-critical bandwidth to the world’s most impactful companies, fueling the innovations that are transforming our society. Zayo’s 133,000-mile network in North America and Europe includes extensive metro connectivity to thousands of buildings and data centers. Zayo’s communications infrastructure solutions include dark fiber, private data networks, wavelengths, Ethernet, dedicated Internet access, and colocation services. Zayo owns and operates a Tier 1 IP Backbone and 44 carrier-neutral data centers. Through its Cloudlink service, Zayo provides low latency private connectivity that attaches enterprises to their public cloud environments. Zayo serves wireless and wireline carriers, media, tech, content, finance, healthcare and other large enterprises.
A successful Technical Product Manager(SD-WAN/WAN) will be responsible for conducting product level analysis, providing direct commercial sales support, and developing overall product positioning and growth strategy with a strong focus on Layer 3-7 services including SD-WAN. This includes management of the existing service portfolio as well as assessment and implementation of new products, internal processes, sales tools and/or market expansions.
Through direct customer interaction and an understanding of the marketplace, the Technical Product Manager will provide recommendations and sponsor initiatives to grow the lit network services business. The ability to develop business metrics, clearly communicate and present findings and recommend action to senior leadership is essential.
This position requires a firm grasp of Zayo’s product portfolio, network footprint, competitive position and industry market dynamics. Prior sales support experience and knowledge of industry technology and terminology is required. Additionally, the ability to integrate quickly into Zayo’s CRM, technology platforms, and manage workload in a dynamic, entrepreneurial environment is also critical.
- Responsible for business analysis and recommendations resulting from such analysis.
- Ownership of business cases for product enhancements / developments.
- Ownership of product definitions, positioning and value proposition development, pricing and guidelines, competitive analysis.
- Responsibility for project managing product initiatives across stakeholder organizations.
- Responsibility for product segmentation, targeting and positioning.
- Proactive and regular interaction with key customers to ensure products meet the needs of the market.
- Responsible to work directly with technical SME’s and act as an intermediary for complex technical questions and customer requirements.
- Responsible to stay current on technology advancements within the industry as it relates to Zayo's WAN and SD-WAN service offerings and associated vendors.
- Minimum 3-5 years of commercial product management experience in the telecommunications industry or equivalent complex solution and business development experience.
- Prior experience with network development or other network construction/planning is beneficial
- Undergraduate B.A. or B.S. degree. Focused area of study in Engineering, Business, Finance or Economics preferred.
- ·MBA and/or equivalent work experience with proven ability to work across functional boundaries preferred.
- Well-developed financial skills including business case development, cost management, budgeting and financial analysis. Able to balance and justify financial analysis with intangible and strategic drivers within the business.
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, procedure manuals, and prepare presentations and proposals. Must possess ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, employees and customers.
- Prior product, sales and/or sales engineering experience with Layer 1-3 services.
- Knowledge of Salesforce.com platform and reporting is a plus.
- General understanding of network protocols and concepts is required, with a deeper understanding of routing protocols and QoS methodologies a plus.
- Familiarity with industry leading SD-WAN technology is a plus (Versa, Velocloud (VMWare), Silverpeak etc).
- Willingness to get hands on with technology for troubleshooting and complex solution designs and customer demo’s.
- Requires an individual who is detailed oriented with superb organizational skills and the ability to multi-task and prioritize. Requires an ability to be flexible in work schedule and to work and meet strict deadlines with limited supervision.
Base salary range: $108,871-$118,010
Full-time Zayo employees are also eligible for discretionary quarterly short-term and long-term incentive cash bonuses which are based on the performance of the Company, an employee’s business segment, and the individual employee
Excellent benefits including health, dental, vision, 401 (k), disability and life insurance
Fitness membership discounts
Generous paid time off policy including paid parental leave