Technical API Product Manager at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
At Worldpay from FIS, we are on a mission to modernize our technology and supercharge developers with APIs that are simple to integrate yet powerful. The Developer Experience and API Product team owns the vision for how we empower developers with innovative tools, APIs and self-service experiences.
What you will be doing:
You will own the vision and roadmap for Worldpay’s enterprise API strategy. Working collaboratively with product management, development, architecture, strategy, marketing, and sales teams, you will also shape how we go to market with new APIs and empower ISV partners and other developers.
- Seek out and gather developers’ needs–translate and synthesize them into actionable products/product requirements.
- Own and execute the roadmap for your products – communicate both the business value and the technical rationale behind your product decisions.
- Drive developer evangelism for new APIs, developer tools and capabilities.
- Own API competitive analysis and make strategic recommendations that drive differentiating value for Worldpay.
- Accelerate feedback loops by running workshops, previews/betas to gather developer feedback and build a strong perspective on product priorities.
- Identify necessary reports, metrics, and analysis to measure the effectiveness and validate the success of completed projects.
What you bring:
- 3+ years in product management in a fast-paced company. You have a strong work ethic and know how to knock down barriers to achieve to your objective.
- Deep experience with APIs, as a developer, architect or technical product manager.
- You have a customer-oriented approach. You have an amazing ability to understand the customer’s challenges and can articulate a vision to solve challenges to make an impact.
- You have a strong interest in developer-focused thought leadership and evangelism.
- You have led new software features and/or new software products from ideation through GA/launch in an Agile environment.
- Possess strong technical acumen – you can communicate effectively with engineers and architects.
Added bonus if you have:
- Experience building or running a robust user community that drives both engagement and customer leads.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado. $107,610 - $180,790.
For Benefits information, click here
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$107,610 - 180,790. This position may be eligible for bonus and/or commission.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.