Vertafore is a leading technology company whose innovative software solution are advancing the insurance industry. Our suite of products provides solutions to our customers that help them better manage their business, boost their productivity and efficiencies, and lower costs while strengthening relationships. Our mission is to move InsurTech forward by putting people at the heart of the industry. We are leading the way with product innovation, technology partnerships, and focusing on customer success. Our fast-paced and collaborative environment inspires us to create, think, and challenge each other in ways that make our solutions and our teams better. We are headquartered in Denver, Colorado, with offices across the U.S., Canada, and India.
We are looking for a Product Owner who can fully understand and analyze both internal and external customer needs and then articulate those needs to the development team via user stories. This would be working with our Riskmatch software, more information, https://www.vertafore.com/products/riskmatch-carriers. As a team member embedded in an energetic agile team of Software and QA Engineers, you will serve as the interface between our customers and your development team throughout the planning and software development process.
You will collaborate closely with internal and external customers to understand business processes/goals and identify business problems that may be effectively resolved with technology solutions. Working closely with Sr. Product Owners and Product Managers on requirements elaboration, documenting proposed software solutions, and maintaining a prioritized backlog of issues. Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make impact in your career.
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Have the ability to define problems, collect data, analyze data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
· Understand business drivers, future customer needs and competitive challenges
· Collaborate with product management, development and user experience design staff to lead on time, successful scope definition and feature deployment
· Thrive on responsibility and display a drive for results
· Enjoy having fun, make things happen, and dream big
· Work collaboratively with others to accomplish goals
· Demonstrate a flare for innovation and creativity
· Have strong time management and organizational skills
· Can communicate complex concepts to all levels of an organization and customers
· Write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals clearly and effectively
· Understand web and database technologies
· Are experienced with agile methodologies and understand the role of the product owner
· Clearly communicate and defend their ideas strategies
· Have a passion for product quality
· Have experience design skills
· Are driven to improve, personally and professionally
· Operate best in a fast-paced and flexible work environment
· 1+ years' experience, preferably with business and data analysis for web-based software
· Share best practices that inspire everyone around them to raise the bar
· Have experience with Scaled Agile Framework (SAFe)
Additional Requirements and Details:
- Travel required up to 10% of the time.
- Ability to work remotely with a stable internet connection on an as-needed basis
- Located and working from an office location (when required)*
- Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
- Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
- Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
- Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*Our offices are currently closed due to COVID-19 and are scheduled to re-open mid-2022.