Do you want to help eliminate barriers between ideas and business outcomes? We want you to bring your unique experiences and creative ideas to the table. CA Technologies provides software and solutions that help our customers to develop, manage, and secure complex IT environments to increase productivity and enhance competitiveness in their businesses. It’s our aim to encourage global collaboration and results-oriented innovation, while supporting and developing our talented people and our communities. CA Technologies will empower you to drive authentic success, for both the business and yourself in the application economy.
Your future starts here at CA Technologies in Boulder, CO!
As a Product Owner, you will bridge the gap between customer and engineering, and help agile development teams get our product FedRAMP ready. Working as part of the Product Management team, you will interact with customers to elicit use cases and requirements, own and prioritize the team backlog, and work closely with engineering teams to translate customer needs into product deliverables. The Product Owner will ensure that the solution effectively addresses customer needs and overall program priorities, while maintaining technical integrity.
What might I be doing?
Are you an experienced product owner who can drive product vision and customer needs within engineering teams? Have you worked in regulated environments and are you comfortable with regulatory processes? Do you want to be a key partner in driving the transition of our product to be FedRAMP certified? As a Senior Product Owner, you will:
- Work with customers and internal stakeholders to discover product needs to support FedRAMP
- Take ownership for usability and extensibility themes in the Agile Central business unit
- Collaborate with product management and business stakeholders to build and maintain the product backlog
- Work closely with engineering teams to build customer value into the product; able to set context and frame the “why”, so that they can decide on the “how”
- Participate in product demos with customers, prospects, or sales
What experience do I need?
- Minimum of three years of as a technical product owner in a software development environment where software has been packaged or deployed
- Experience in a regulated environment such as education, government and comfortable with regulatory process
- An ability to understand and speak articulately about technology
- Ability to synthesize and prioritize customer needs from a business perspective to engineering teams
- Phenomenal ability to help teams develop user stories, and validate them with customers and stakeholders
- Ability to influence product and team direction
- Detail-oriented, with strong analysis, process, problem solving and critical thinking skills
- A keen sense of teamwork and collaboration
What is the Boulder office environment like?
As you walk into our offices, you can feel the collaborative energy with an abundancy of meeting rooms and white boards, ideas written on walls and sticky notes, and work areas that define the personalities of those that occupy them through their own customization. The walls are low and the collaboration is high, and our modern, adjustable furniture allows you to stand-up or sit down based on your thoughts, comfort and mood. If your brain gets full, and you just want to step away, go to our game room for some foosball, ping pong, or enjoy some snacks and beverages. Enjoy the 300 plus days of Colorado sun with our open space and plentiful windows, or simply step out on our balcony to soak up the rays. If you want to stay close, food trucks stop by regularly, coffee with fresh milk or cream is always available, and a dry cleaner service picks up and delivers for your convenience. If you want to get away, we are in a fantastic downtown location near restaurants, stores, walking/biking trails, and more! Just grab one of our loaner bikes for your exercise or errands.
A Great CA Employee:
- Takes smart risks
- Exhibits courage
- Is a “driver”
- Navigates ambiguity
- Embraces diversity
- Communicates openly
- Doesn’t take themselves too seriously
- Likes to laugh
- Loves a good challenge
- Is resilient when faced with setbacks
- Teams well with others
- Insists on quality results
- Is forward-thinking
- Adapts easily to change
- Solves problems creatively
More About Working at CA:
CA has earned scores of Workplace Excellence awards in the last few years – and there’s a reason for that. Here you’ll have the opportunity to eliminate barriers for our customers and earn a competitive compensation and total rewards package – all while pushing the boundaries of what’s possible by collaborating with a diverse team of global innovators. In short, CA’s fun, diverse, and fast-paced culture has put us on the map as one of the best employers in Information Technology.
We offer competitive salary, company-sponsored premium Medical/Prescription & Dental Plans, company-paid Holidays, Vacation, Anniversary Service and Sick Days, 401(k) Plan, Education/Training Reimbursement, Charitable Gift Program, Adoption Assistance Program.