Sr. Product Owner - BenefitPoint at Vertafore
A senior product owner's main objective is to translate business problems and requirements into user stories that enable a development team to create the best solution to solve customer problems. A senior product owner at Vertafore owns their backlog and prioritizes it to align with product strategy, business goals, and achieve project goals and objectives. The senior product owner will provide clarity in complex projects, collaborating with internal, and at-times external stakeholders.
You'll work closely with Product Managers to understand roadmap goals/strategy and distill high-level requirements user stories that enable development teams to understand what problems need to be solved to create the best solution. As a Senior Product Owner you will also prioritize the development backlog and work with Product Managers to plan and sequence the work appropriately. As features or user stories are delivered you'll work closely with QA to ensure the problems are solved and requirements are met.
Our culture fosters collaboration, innovation, integrity, mentorship, commitment to success and FUN. Our managers are dedicated to growing their people and offering an opportunity that allows you to make an impact in your career.
Core Requirements and Responsibilities:
Essential job functions included but are not limited to the following:
· Translate business problems and requirements into prioritized backlog of user stories for the development teams to implement
· Facilitate and lead cross-functional teams, primarily internal and, at times external, to get the clarity needed to document user stories to appropriate level of detail
· Translate project goals/objectives/strategy to actionable work, prioritizing and sequencing the development work to achieve project goals and timelines
· Partner with QA to define acceptance criteria and verify acceptance criteria are met
· Research and respond to questions from designers, developers, and QA
· When needed, work directly with customers, and conduct market research to clarify requirements and ensure solution will deliver value to end users
· Clarify user stories to the appropriate level of detail where needed
· Collaborate with product management, development, and user experience design staff to lead on time, successful scope definition and feature deployment
· 3+ years' experience
· Previous experience as a product owner for a B2B SaaS software company
· Real world experience working as part of an Agile software development team
Additional Requirements and Details:
· Travel required up to 10% of the time.
· Located and working from an office location.
· Occasional lifting and/or moving up to 10 pounds.
· Frequent repetitive hand and arm movements required to operate a computer.
· Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision (working on a computer, etc.).
· Frequent sitting and/or standing.
*We are currently working remotely due to COVID19.
The Vertafore Way
Insurance is about relationships, and technology should make those relationships stronger. That's why, at Vertafore, it's our mission to transform the way the industry operates by putting people at the heart of insurance technology. By focusing on our customers, becoming better every day, and delivering results you can see, we provide the level of trust and security that insurance is all about.
· Bias to Action: We're united by an innate drive to take action and make a difference in the technology and insurance spaces.
· Win Together: We work together as one team, showing empathy and respect along the way.
· Show Up Curious: We work to challenge one another to push boundaries and think beyond the box.
· Say It, Do It: We honor every one of our commitments because integrity is important to us.
· Customer Success is Our Success: We cultivate authentic relationships and follow up by actively listening to their needs.
· We Love Insurance: We appreciate the impact insurance has on the world.
Is this role not an exact fit for you? Keep an eye on our Careers Page for other positions!
Vertafore is a drug free workplace and conducts preemployment drug and background screenings.
The selected candidate must be legally authorized to work in the United States.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all the job responsibilities, duties, skill, or working conditions. In addition, this document does not create an employment contract, implied or otherwise, other than an "at will" relationship.
Vertafore strongly supports equal employment opportunity for all applicants regardless of race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, pregnancy, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, age, marital status, physical disability, mental disability, medical condition, sexual orientation, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by state or federal law.
We do not accept resumes from agencies, headhunters, or other suppliers who have not signed a formal agreement with us.