Sr. Product Manager at PopSockets LLC
Title: Senior Product Manager
Location: Boulder, CO
Headquartered in Boulder, Colorado, PopSockets has been making Little Life Changers since 2014. Starting with its now famous PopGrip - a customizable, collapsible phone grip that enables you to text with one hand and prop your devices - PopSockets has designed and developed broad lines of empowering, expressive, and fun products, from PopWallet and PopMount, to PopPower, PopLips and much more that is on the way. Our products make the lives of our customers a little better every day, and by purchasing our products, our customers make others' lives a little better through our social impact programs, like Poptivism. Poptivism enables anyone to raise money for any charity by designing their own PopGrip and tagging a charity of their choice. We're looking for selfless, customer-obsessed, responsible, innovative, passionate, transparent, impactful, and courageous individuals to join us as we make an ever-growing positive impact, one Little Life Changer at a time.
The Senior Product Manager is responsible for the product planning and execution throughout the product lifecycle for global product launches, including: gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product roadmap, and working closely with engineering, sales, and marketing for targeted costing. This includes driving worldwide launch timelines, tracking development costs, 24 month forecasting, and predicting/tracking ROI/breakeven. The ideal candidate will be self-driven, flexible, and ready to thrive in a fast paced environment. The Senior Product Manager must be comfortable working with loosely defined or non-existent processes and will help develop best practices for the company. This position is located at our headquarters in Boulder, CO (remote work to start).
- Lead a cross-functional team of product, design, marketing and engineering to identify, brief in, and define product evolution and life cycle.
- Build and manage relationships with external partners and vendors on targeted product launches
- Champion costing, including product P and L, ROI model, financial reviews with Ops/Finance, as well as builds post-launch cost reduction financial model with Operations
- Work cross-functionally with the product design teams to brief in product requirements and manage project plan
- Manage launch date and commercialization activities with the marketing product managers and sales teams
- Effectively communicate development milestones proactively and clearly to the executive committee and product teams
- Evangelize product management best practices and strategy for a growing team
- 10+ years of product management experience in a cross-functional organization dealing with consumer electronics and accessories
- A record of commercially successful product launches
- Leadership skills demonstrated in high stress environments
- Experience multitasking across various complex projects
- Bachelor’s Degree, MBA preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent time and meeting management skills
- Ability to organize and inspire a wide variety of personalities and disciplines
- May be expected to travel up to 10% domestically
- A sense of humor is highly valued and useful
Salary range for the role is 120-150k base, based on experience.
PopSockets is dedicated to the practice of equal opportunity employment. We prohibit unlawful discrimination against applicants and employees on the basis of age, race, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, religion, national origin, disability, military status, genetic information, color, creed, ancestry, or any other status protected by applicable federal, state or local law. This prohibition includes unlawful harassment based on any of these protected classes. Unlawful harassment includes verbal or physical conduct which has the purpose or effect of interfering with an individual’s work performance, or creating an intimidating, hostile, offensive, unsafe or otherwise non-welcoming work environment. This policy applies to all employees, including managers, supervisors, co-workers; and non-employees such as customers, clients, vendors, consultants, etc.