We are an insurtech company where smart people can see the impact of their work as we tackle meaningful problems together. We think it’s fun to disrupt an industry that has been slow to change. But we aren’t shaking things up for the sake of change, we’re here to solve big problems using technology and an innovative approach to improve how small business owners access insurance. Like our small business clients, we are a diverse team of builders, dreamers, and entrepreneurs, so at the heart of every decision we make is the idea that if it doesn’t serve our clients, it doesn’t serve us. We hire passionate people who like to work hard, yet we also know that life exists outside the office. Small businesses are the backbone of the economy; talented team members are the backbone of Pie. We are pie-oneering a whole new approach to insurance.
As a Senior Product Manager, you will leverage your deep knowledge of product management to shepherd the build-out of innovative and easy-to-use applications supporting our businesses. These include, but are not limited to: direct to consumer and partner sales, direct to consumer and partner service, and internal automation systems for Sales, Underwriting, Business Development, and Customer Service. You will consistently question why insurance has done things the way they have, and deliver innovative answers as to how we should do them.
How You’ll Do It
- Building out innovative, disruptive, easy-to-use insurance applications, purchase experiences that help optimize conversion, empower our internal support teams to be as efficient as possible.
- Aligning our product roadmap directly with business and consumer goals to establish best of breed applications that continually strive to disrupt the existing landscape.
- Prioritizing feature development and work-streams to maximize our growth, speed-to-market, and create high-quality products.
- Breaking down processes so they can be rebuilt in ways that fundamentally challenge the industry status quo.
- Own the execution and excellence of your products and the business outcomes. Be scrappy. Challenge Convention. Solve problems.
- Write clear and easy to understand user stories. Do what needs to be done no matter how big the obstacles or how limited the resources.
The Right Stuff
- Significant experience doing hands-on product management on many projects, with prior experience product managing multiple systems and their intersection with consumer experience.
- Successfully owned lots of complex systems that seamlessly fit within a larger business ecosystem.
- Have a demonstrable history of creating disruptive platforms or experiences.
- Have displayed the ability to flex into disparate domains quickly and provide immediate value.
- Have incubated new solutions, ideas, and strategies through technology, and do what it takes to bring those ideas to market quickly and on-time.
- Ensured quality assurance is balanced with timelines and priorities.
- Used qualitative and quantitative data to generate actionable insights, and leveraged those insights to achieve goals set for the product, and to connect those quantified goals to meaningful outcomes for the business.
- Created and managed prioritized roadmaps and the vision for your areas of product while connecting the dots to contribute to company strategy and vision.
- Proactively identified stakeholders impacted by your area of ownership and worked with those stakeholders to understand, assess and implement their most important requirements into product decisions.
- You do not by default accept the answer: “this is the way we’ve always done it.” You have a passion for disrupting the status quo and want to change how insurance is done.
- Expert at persuading, negotiating, and quickly building relationships.
- Successfully motivated and coached team members to push through challenges
- Competitive salary
- A piece of the Pie (in the form of stock grants)
- Comprehensive health plans
- Generous vacation
- Paid sick leave
- Commuting allowance
- Future focused 401k match
- Modern office space with onsite gym
- Our core values are more than just a poster on the wall; they’re tangibly reflected in our work and recognized with our monthly culture award
- Generous parental leave
Pie is a place where you can build a career while making a real impact on our company and the small businesses we serve. When you join Pie, you join a team of people who truly care about our customers and the work they do. If you are energized by a high-growth, fast-paced environment and are looking to do meaningful work, we want to hear from you!
Pie Insurance is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, disability, national or ethnic origin, military service status, citizenship, or other protected characteristic.
Pie Insurance Named a Top Colorado Company 2020
Pie is rated Excellent by our customers on Trustpilot
Checkout our employee reviews on Glassdoor
Pie raises an additional $127M in funding