Sr Product Manager
The Senior Product Manager delivers the product vision throughout the product lifecycle including business planning, development, launch, product maximization, and product end of life.
This role identifies unmet market needs and develops a roadmap aligned with the GHX strategy to create financial growth, operational scale, and value for GHX customers.
- Translate market requirements into product vision for Technical Product Managers and Development.
- Review business opportunities, in partnership with Product Marketing Managers, to optimize the product portfolio through analysis and understanding of targeted markets, segmentation efforts, market trends, new technology, consumer needs, and competitive environment.
- Manage the product roadmap and execute the product vision from concept through end of life by delivering on short-term, mid-term, and long-term priorities.
- Work collaboratively within cross-functional teams that include Development, Quality Assurance, and Operations to define and deliver solutions that create customer satisfaction.
- Ensure customer needs are translated into development cycles, while managing customer expectations, and balancing requests against goals.
- Serve as product domain expert at all levels of customer interactions and represent the voice of the customer to internal teams.
- Collect feedback on new product features and enhancements from internal and external stakeholders while working in partnership with the Product Director, Market Manager, and Technical Product Managers to ensure feedback is agreed, aligned, and appropriately prioritized within the product roadmap
- Support the design, development, and coordination of product launch activities
- Assist in pilot activities, support voice of the customer feedback (building internal market awareness) and refinement of requirements
- Assist in the development of tools and materials as needed to ensure product success
- Other duties as assigned
- Ability to interact effectively across all levels of GHX and customer organizations to drive results against GHX goals and objectives
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills
- Autonomous, self-directed, and able to work with initiative and urgency within tight deadlines
- Strong business acumen and customer presence
- Creative and able to work on complex problems of diverse scope where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of various factors
- Strong project management and organizational skills
- Able and willing to travel approximately 20% of time
Required Education, Certifications, and Experience:
- Bachelor’s degree or a combination of education and related experience
- Minimum of 5 years product management experience
- Experience in healthcare or software technology
- Experience with blended delivery models (in source, outsource, partnered)
- Supply chain technology experience
- Subject matter expertise in healthcare supply chain catalog or content data
- Experience with ERP software (Workday, Oracle, Infor) and/or EMR software (Epic, Cerner)
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 600 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)