Sr. Product Manager, Telemetry at Alteryx, Inc.
The Alteryx product organization has an immediate opening for a Sr. Product Manager of Telemetry. The Senior Product Manager of Telemetry will sit in the Product Management organization and own the end to end vision, strategy and execution of product telemetry best practices across all product lines. This includes supporting data analysis, reporting, and ensuring the Alteryx products are designed to capture product telemetry and performance data to inform decision making. In this important role, you will be driving one of the organization's most crucial initiatives and will work cross-functionally with data management and business intelligence teams to provide dashboards, reports and product insights to Alteryx executives and managers.
You will work cross-functionally as a member of the Product team to ensure the team is thinking through telemetry measures and compliance as part of all product strategies. Strong communication skills are key to success in this role and you must be prepared to communicate with all areas of the company up to the C-Suite level. You will support the product goals, help prioritize the features, build consensus, and coordinate product schedules with product and engineering teammates.
- Create and document an end-to-end telemetry strategy for Alteryx from a Product perspective and own the Product telemetry roadmap going forward.
- Work with development teams to organize and manage large scope telemetry projects from initial concept through the product life cycle.
- Regularly present results of analysis to Alteryx executives and senior management across a wide range of functions.
- Must have a strong analytical background and be able to influence and work cross-functionally with data engineering, business intelligence, product and engineering teams.
- Provide coaching and guidance on data science best practices and drive data science into business and product decisions.
- Conduct analyses, develop insights, and communicate strategic recommendations by evaluating and synthesizing large data sets.
- Develop performance metrics and dashboards to help drive key business decisions through data modeling, reporting and automation.
- Follow analytic trends and ensure Alteryx is following market best practices.
- 5+ years Product Management, Development and Business Analysis experience in the enterprise software industry. MBA preferred.
- Candidates are required to have strong communication and presentation skills, including extensive experience presenting complex analyses to senior management clearly and concisely.
- Strong analytical and synthesis skills are a must, with the ability to absorb and process large amounts of data into actionable information.
- Alteryx or other analytic tool experience required (e.g. Excel, SQL, Python, R, Tableau)
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams across the organization
- Strong work ethic, leadership and organizational skills; self-directed and resourceful; self-starter who acts with initiative and is pro-active
- Effective documentation skills with ability to articulate technical information
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. He or she will be required to follow any other instructions and to perform any other duties required by his or her supervisor.