Sr. Product Manager, Telemetry
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to join the Smart / Predictive area of the Product Management organization. This role involves working closely with engineering to plan release schedules and features, having a deep understanding of data science and machine learning modeling practices, and working with cross-functional teams such as Technical Writing, UX/UI, and Marketing to spec, document, and market new features. You will collaborate with the rest of the Smart / Predictive PMs to build the strategy related to predictive modeling, automated modeling, machine learning, and operationalizing predictive models. Furthermore, you will be responsible for improving Alteryx's predictive modeling capabilities, support the industry-leading model management platform, and push the capabilities that Alteryx's entire platform has with regards to predictive modeling and machine learning.
The Sr. Product Manager for Alteryx Smart / Predictive area will have a strong understanding of data science and machine learning concepts and tools, help drive the product road map by advocating for these users' needs, and set KPIs for measuring the usage and adoption of the product.
- Work closely with Engineering team leads in determining the technical feasibility and time-lines for releasing new products.
- Work with cross functional teams like Support, UI/UX, and Marketing to oversee successful releases of new features.
- Establish tracking metrics for product usage and adoption, and distribute relevant information to internal team as well as external stakeholders.
- Capture customer feedback, establish the potential value to adding new features to the product, and work with engineering to set time-lines for deliverables.
- Own the successful delivery of new releases of the product, both upgrades of existing software as well as the onboarding of new customers.
- Establish close relationships with customers to both understanding how they use the product and how they get value from it.
- Bachelor Degree in technical field (math, science, computer science, etc).
- Skilled in either R, Python, or SQL.
- Familiar with predictive modeling, machine learning, and data science and common applications for modeling.
- Awareness of popular ML/data science packages.
- Comfortable working with PhD-level researchers and data scientists.
- Experience with Alteryx or Tableau products a huge plus.
- Experience with agile software development tools (e.g. Rally, Confluence, JIRA) and other customer feedback and customer support systems used in large development teams.
- 3+ years proven software/application program management experience in planning, developing, managing and executing multiple complex programs.
- Strong project management, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment.