Sr. Product Manager, Server at Alteryx, Inc.
Revolutionizing business through data science and analytics, Alteryx offers an end-to-end analytics platform which empowers data analysts and scientists alike to break data barriers, deliver insights, and experience the thrill of getting to the answer faster. Organizations all over the world rely on Alteryx daily to deliver actionable insights. Join our team of passionate and hard-working associates, and help make a difference in people’s lives by creating software that enables business users to solve problems using data that were previously thought to be unsolvable, save them days, weeks and months of mundane data prep and blending, and help them truly love their jobs again.
The Server Product Manager is responsible for defining vision and building the roadmap for Alteryx Server. This person will also strategize how the current server product fits into the overall Alteryx product line. This person will work directly with customers as well as internal stakeholders from organizations such as sales, marketing, development, and other members of the Product Management team to follow through on execution and delivery.
Responsibilities and Deliverables
- Analyze demand from customers, prospects, and competitors to determine the right features to bring to market along with overall feature prioritization
- Create design document in collaboration with Engineers, UX Designers, and Marketers.
- Make cost/benefit decisions and time-to-market trade-offs
- Communicate directly with customers for feedback, through discovery sessions and troubleshooting
- Set appropriate customer expectations by explaining the product roadmap, by engaging with the Alteryx online community, and by providing internal support teams with previews
- Educate customers and internal support teams about product features via webinars and live events, documentation, training, and certification
- Contribute to sales positioning and go-to-market strategy for Server and related products
- Work closely with engineering to facilitate delivery of features and mitigate risks
- You have well-informed opinions about which Enterprise Server features are valuable to IT departments
- You have managed a software product through its entire their lifecycle
- You have a technical background, with strong experience with IT management and operations
- You are familiar with several of the following: API definition and testing, multi-tenancy, orchestration, data virtualization, AWS and Azure relational and non-relational databases (Oracle, SQL Server, MongoDB)
- You have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- You know how to work with and influence cross functional teams
- You have 5+ years of Product Management or equivalent experience in the enterprise software industry
- 100% company-paid medical, dental, and vision for associates
- Health plans that cover your family and pets
- Company matched 401(k)
- Associate stock purchase plan
- Paid time off: 3 weeks’ vacation, 5 sick days, 9 holidays, 3 floating holidays, and 20 hours volunteer time
- 100% paid parental leave
- Tuition reimbursement
- Wellness programs with up to $300 fitness reimbursement annually
- Collaborative offices stocked with healthy snacks and drinks
- Office events, catered lunches, and happy hours