Sr. Product Manager, Platform: Integrations, APIs, Extensions
VictorOps is a fast-growing, cutting-edge enterprise software startup located in Boulder, CO. This venture-backed team of 80+ people is changing the nature of incident management — offering software that helps teams recover from problems quickly and build a culture of continuous learning. The company is made up of a strong mix of very talented and driven individuals, with a proven senior leadership team.
In this role, you will define the capabilities that support the thousands of on-call engineers that rely on VictorOps to receive critical system information and help manage uptime for some of the biggest brand technologies in the world. You will work on deeply understanding and synthesize customers’ needs into clear and actionable product requirements; perform market and competitor analysis; and cross-functionally lead the product development lifecycle for VictorOps Platform: Integrations, APIs, and Extensions. You will be the Platform internal champion and chief innovator. The ideal candidate must enjoy problem-solving both independently and in team settings and be willing to acquire any necessary technical and domain expertise. Additionally, you must be highly motivated, extremely well organized, and possess excellent leadership, communication, and collaboration skills.
- Define roadmap, strategy, and priorities for your product area, and make calls using quantitative and qualitative data to challenge/support gut feelings.
- Collaborate with the Creative and Software Engineering teams to author detailed, pixel-perfect requirements for new product features, and existing feature enhancements.
- Ensure clarity and visibility throughout the product development process, and continuously keep the team informed and focused on the right priorities to meet aggressive deadlines.
- Gather feedback from internal and external users, and inject that feedback into the product development lifecycle.
- Provide leadership and expertise across the organization for your product area.
- Work with Product Marketing and Field Teams on enablement materials for Integrations, APIs and Extensions for the VictorOps Platform
- Drive ongoing improvements and optimizations and ship awesome product.
Skills / Qualifications
- 5+ years as a Product Manager, with some or all of that in SaaS.
- Technical Chops: Undergrad or experience in software (eng, computer science), experience with API development strategy
- Demonstrable understanding of the nuts and bolts of web and mobile app development, best practices, and design principles.
- Obsession with quality and never shipping a bad experience, but also know when perfection is the enemy of the good.
- Bias toward action, a great collaborator, and master simplifier - constantly pushing toward product clarity and delivery.
- Enthusiasm for organization and execution using Agile development tools and methodologies.
- Domain knowledge of IT operations, DevOps, application development, monitoring, agile application development.
- Desire to improve the lives of users who keep our favorite applications up and running and reduce the cost of downtime to businesses.
- A competitive salary, generous benefits, and equity
- The chance to join a fun and hard-working team
- A collaborative, open work environment at our new office in the heart of downtown Boulder
- New hardware of your choice, free snacks, a rooftop patio, and beer on tap
At VictorOps, we offer a great package which includes: competitive base salary; medical plan; dental, vision, life and disability insurance; flexible spending accounts; a 401(K) plan; paid holidays and 3 weeks vacation. We believe in work-life balance, and we can prove it.