Sr. Product Manager, Omnichannel Payments (Remote) at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
In today’s complex economy, small and medium sized businesses need solutions that enable them to engage with and sell to customers – anytime, anywhere and in anyway their customers choose. That’s why Worldpay from FIS, is on a mission to create best in class omnichannel experiences for our small and medium sized merchant clients. The Omnichannel product team is responsible for delivering new payment and software solutions that will help our clients run and grow their business.
What you will be doing:
The Product Manager oversees new products through their entire lifecycle at FIS, from concept to creation, go to market and optimization. You will specifically focus on developing and managing our new SMB Omnichannel solution. The solution will provide merchants a single view of all sales, the ability to manage sales operations across channels and POS software needed to run their business. The broader proposition will provide merchants the ability to seamlessly accept payments from Worldpay, with slick onboarding and differentiated value add products which go beyond those typically offered by a payments company. This is a high- visibility global role as you will be driving a key strategic initiative for our Merchant Solutions business:
- Engage customers, sales teams and internal experts to define market needs and operational requirements.
- Identifies and clearly articulates the market opportunity
- Represents the voice of the end customer whether they be a partner, merchant or end customer
- Defines and maintains a product roadmap aligned with market needs
- Documents and maintains data driven product requirements
- Develop business cases as needed to advocate for and justify new product investments.
- Designs, develops and manages activities for a specific product or group of products from product definition and planning through production, release and end of life
- Serves as a central product resource throughout the product lifecycle, working with cross functional teams, including: finance, legal, compliance, marketing, development, QA, security and commercialization
- Liaise with a wide variety of external stakeholders, including sponsor or issuing banks, networks and third-party suppliers
- Exercises judgement within defined procedures and practices to determine appropriate actions
- Develop KPIs to track product performance, adoption, key trends, revenue, and value based on investment, gleaning insights to develop roadmap.
- Speak in public forums such as webinars and trade conferences and contribute blog postings that demonstrate Worldpay's industry thought leadership.
What you bring:
- Extensive knowledge of the payment and financial needs of SMB / Mid-Market merchants in the US
- Experience working for a PSP / ISV / ISO, network, or other Fintech; in a Product Management role which focused on the SMB / Mid-market segment
- Experience analyzing competitive market dynamics and internal assets for build/buy/partner decisions
- A balance of both commercial and product expertise
- Ability to manage stakeholders across a complex organization
- Strong leadership and interpersonal skills
- Passion for conceptualizing, creating and launching innovative products
- You’ve released products you’re proud of to help solve the needs of merchants
- 0+ years of applicable professional experience + a Bachelor's or Master's degree is preferred.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility and respect
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.