Sr Product Manager - Enterprise Integration at GHX
The primary responsibility of this position is to manage product strategy and overall direction for an enterprise-wide data platform. This Platform Product Manager leads cross-functionally within the organization to manage the platform.
GHX Enterprise Integration (EI) is focused towards B2B solutions that enable our customers to derive value provided by GHX product offerings. This is a leadership role managing the “Integration Suite offering” of our business.
- You will be the internal facing Technical Product Manager, who will be the “visionary” leader in how the current platform capabilities need to be enhanced or new features needs to be developed to meet GHX product offering’s integration needs.
- You will own the discovery and documentation of Integration requirements for Enterprise Integration team, including backlog management, working with internal customers to understand their needs, capture business requirements, define success criteria and metrics.
- You will be responsible for evangelizing, conducting training and demos on how the solutions produced by the Enterprise Integration team function and need to be adopted.
- You will have stewardship over Enterprise Integration milestones, roadmap and planning processes and work directly with engineering on day-to-day implementation details.
- You will oversee the creation and management of developer portal providing documentation for both producing and consuming systems. We provide our customers and application support with intuitive administrative interfaces that allows them to manage, control and test integrations with ERPs and MMIS systems.
- You will be working cross-functionally with Legal, Compliance and Global Technology stakeholders to satisfy non-functional requirements for the platform.
- You will manager creating and implementing business change management strategies and plans that maximize adoption and ease of support.
- You will investigate integrations capabilities for different ERPs, MMIS systems and collaborate with our ERP business partners in developing certified solutions that can then be adopted by our mutual customers.
- You will monitor and analyze internal measurements to determine how the product impacts the company operations, looking for areas that might impact product success.
- Sound project management skills
- Excellent leadership skills; ability to be self-directed with strong initiative.
- 5+ years of prior experience with highly technical products, preferably with background in B2B integrations.
- 10+ years of professional experience, preferably in healthcare.
- Prior management and leadership experience, either leading dedicated teams or direct reports or being associated with a development team as a TPM or PM.
- Exposure to development; even in limited capacity is highly desirable.
- Experience in System integration/ B2B integrations / SCM / MMIS / ERP development or integration is a plus.
- Exposure to alignment tools is a plus. I.e. – workboard, etc.
- Exposure to Project management tools is a plus. I.e. – Aha, Microsoft Project, etc.
- Exposure to estimation and projection tools is a plus.
- Familiarity with cloud systems is a plus.
- Familiarity with Webservices, Monitoring, Alerting tools, web applications, client server applications and network protocols is a plus.
- Team player with a good attitude.
- Prior experience working in an AGILE/SCRUM environment.
GHX: It’s the way you do business in healthcare
Global Healthcare Exchange (GHX) enables better patient care and billions in savings for the healthcare community by maximizing automation, efficiency and accuracy of business processes.
GHX is a healthcare business and data automation company, empowering healthcare organizations to enable better patient care and maximize industry savings using our world class cloud-based supply chain technology exchange platform, solutions, analytics and services. We bring together healthcare providers and manufacturers and distributors in North America and Europe — who rely on smart, secure healthcare-focused technology and comprehensive data to automate their business processes and make more informed decisions.
It is our passion and vision for a more operationally efficient healthcare supply chain, helping organizations reduce – not shift – the cost of doing business, paving the way to delivering patient care more effectively. Together we take more than a billion dollars out of the cost of delivering healthcare every year. GHX is privately owned, operates in the United States, Canada and Europe, and employs more than 800 people worldwide. Our corporate headquarters is in Europe, Louisville, Colorado, just outside of Denver, with additional offices in Europe, Atlanta, Georgia, Chicago, Illinois, and Omaha, Nebraska.
GHX provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, marital status, amnesty, or status as a covered veteran in accordance with applicable federal, state and local laws. GHX complies with applicable state and local laws governing non-discrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
GHX expressly prohibits any form of unlawful employee harassment based on race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, or veteran status. Improper interference with the ability of GHX’s employees to perform their expected job duties is absolutely not tolerated.