Sr. Product Manager, Analytics Platform at Alteryx, Inc.
Alteryx, Inc. is looking for a Sr. Product Manager to lead the strategy and execution of our new generation enterprise server product (Alteryx Enterprise Platform). This role involves defining strategy and roadmap and also interfacing with and internal stakeholders to educate and inform sales motion. Product Manager will also synthesize feedback from many disparate sources to inform vision for a true next generation Enterprise platform experience and communicating that vision to engineering to define release schedules and features. This requires having a deep understanding of both desktop applications for data analysts and ultimately moving desktop applications and platforms to the cloud.
The Sr. Product Manager for the Alteryx Enterprise will have a strong understanding of the BI market, data prep and blend processes and user experience for data and analytics solutions. They must understand cloud-based experiences deeply as well as on-prem and be able to define unique requirements to support moving legacy Alteryx Server users to this new platform.
- Define and own roadmap that maintains leadership position in space while at the same time working to increase value and market share of Alteryx Enterprise.
- Speak to existing or potential customers to understand their current needs and then use those interactions along with product telemetry to inform future vision for Alteryx Enterprise.
- Evangelize Alteryx Enterpriseinternally and build great relationships with Product, Sales, Presales, Engineering and Executives.
- Collaborate cross functionally to deliver content (blog posts, videos) and participate in User Group sessions or at Alteryx events like Alteryx Inspire to evangelize Alteryx Enterprise to customers and potential users.
- Integrate Customer feedback, Beta feedback and other sources of field feedback into actionable and easily communicated product vision and roadmap.
- Educate internal and external stakeholders on our current offerings and future roadmap.
- Establish metrics for tracking Alteryx Enterprise use cases, product usage, product adoption, solutions and integrations.
- Work with support to understand common support issues and use that to inform roadmap or enhanced documentation with blog content or technical documentation.
- Work closely with Engineering team leads in determining the technical feasibility and timelines for releasing new features or enhancing existing features to delight current and future target user personas.
- Work with Presales to define 'standard demo' content highlighting specific value propositions for users or verticals to be used in customer presales engagements
- Work with Dev and QA to define scaling and architecture best practices.
- Collaborate with marketing and program management to orchestrate and own successful delivery of quarterly Alteryx Enterprise releases, beta through launch.
- Work with the Competitive Intelligence to perform market competitive audits which informs strategy to align with development directives and roadmap.
- Evangelize the value of the Alteryx Enterprise externally at customer events including Inspire, Roadshows, User groups and customer onsites as appropriate.
- 5+ years proven software/application Product Management particularly in the data and analytics space
- Bachelor Degree in technical field (science, computer science, data & databases, etc.) preferred
- Technical background*; *strong experience with data prep, blend and transformations as well as workflow and browser-based technologies, Presales
- Experience working in Enterprise B2B SaaS
- Strong project management, interpersonal, analytical, problem solving, and verbal/written communication skills with the ability to build strong working relationships across organizational teams in a fast paced and changing environment
- Effective written communication skills with ability to absorb and articulate technical information to a non-technical audience
- Problem solving skills; strategic thinking and business acumen
- Excellent teamwork skills, ability to manage, interpret and influence cross functional teams
- Experience with databases or data-related products a plus
- Experience working with Alteryx a strong plus