Sr Director, Product Strategy at NetApp
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premise environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
As the Senior Strategy Director, HCI, this role will be responsible for evaluating and setting strategic directions for the business including the identification and implementation of organic and inorganic efforts to accelerate product differentiation and capability. This role will use industry experience to drive a more comprehensive full stack/cloud view of the hybrid IT market, players, products and new technologies.
You will use your competencies to set objectives and develop long term strategies for the Cloud Infrastructure Business Unit, with a focus on private and hybrid cloud solutions, providing Product Management teams and provide architectural guidance for the delivery teams. This challenging position provides leadership and management oversight to the business unit and the cross-functional teams with which it partners.
You'll be actively engaged with the private and hybrid cloud industry and can lead partnerships and/or significant business development. You must be extremely results driven, customer & industry focused, technologically savvy and skilled at building internal relationships and external partnerships.
Essential Functions and Requirements:
- The activities you will be responsible for are critical to the organization’s future, having wide implications and multiple outcomes, including:
- Participation in the development of short- and long-term plans in pursuit of aggressive business objectives.
- Providing business and architectural oversight and identifying organic and inorganic opportunities for growth for any and all relevant teams.
- Participation in strategic planning sessions with peer managers in the Product Management, Engineering and Business Development functions.
- Actively working to develop and evangelize corporate strategy, while demonstrating leadership and vision in the driving of that strategy
- Establishing short-term and long-term goals and performance metrics in line with corporate objectives.
- Demonstrated experience in the private cloud, cloud SW, container/Kubernetes, and HCI industry.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, including presentation skills.
- Excellent relationship building and negotiating skills.
- Ability to work collaboratively with functional peers across functions.
- Solid understanding of HCI technologies and competitive offerings in the marketplace.
- Ability to convey information clearly and effectively to team members and partners at all levels across functions and globally
- Approximately 25% travel
BS/BA degree or equivalent related experience. A minimum of 10+ years of experience in strategic product development and leadership is required.