Sr Director of Product Management at NetApp
NetApp is the data authority for hybrid cloud. We provide a full range of hybrid cloud data services that simplify management of applications and data across cloud and on-premise environments to accelerate digital transformation. Together with our partners, we empower global organizations to unleash the full potential of their data to expand customer touchpoints, foster greater innovation and optimize their operations.
The Senior Director of Product Management for Cloud Infrastructure is responsible for the NetApp Cloud Infrastructure product portfolio, strategy planning and execution through the end-to-end lifecycle of the business. Critical to the success of this role will be experience defining, ramping and managing cloud and private cloud solutions. Success factors include gathering and prioritizing requirements for the product, defining the vision for the product and collaborating with other leaders from the engineering, marketing, sales and operations departments in order to ensure that the financial and consumer satisfaction goals are met.
The expectation of this role is to take on a business owner’s mindset and collaborate across all business functions to drive the business goals and identify and work any gaps or issues. In addition to this, the Director of Product Management also ensures that that the company’s overall strategy and goals are supported by those of the product, and that the product goals and strategy do not deviate from that of the business.
The activities you will be responsible for are critical to the organization’s future, having wide implications and multiple outcomes, including:
- Supervisory Role: First and foremost, the position is a position of leadership, and in this capacity the Senior Director of Product Management oversees and is answerable to the Vice President of Products and stakeholders for all activities of the product management department. The individual oversees and ensures that the functions of the Product Managers are efficiently and effectively executed, including hiring and retaining talent.
- Collaboration: The role of Sr Director of Product Management is a cross-functional leader and influencer and is expected to work across all functional teams including sales to drive the success and goals of the business. This role will engage directly with engineering and engineering leadership to translate customer and market requirements into a successful agile product development plan. This includes partnering with engineering development to plan, evaluate and drive trade-offs to optimize solution offerings.
- Partner Relations: The Director of Product Management has to identify and manage eco-system partnerships, make decisions on integration and go-to-market opportunities with these partners. A Sr. Director of Product Management is also responsible for engaging extensively with partners, analysts and customers in order to gain firsthand insight on customer needs and market feedback.
- Product Requirements and Roadmap: The Product Managers are tasked with the analysis of information and formulations of product strategy, goals, end-to-end customer experience and product solutions. The Sr Director will lead a team of product managers and technical marketing engineers responsible for several products and solutions addressing the hybrid multi-cloud market.
- Vision Creation: As the leader of the product department, it is the Sr Director’s responsibility to build and cultivate in the department’s members the product vision and business case, as well as compile the product planning material necessary for driving product initiatives further with clarity and consensus.
- Product/Market Strategy: The Sr Director of Product Management will work closely with the marketing department to develop marketing, lead generation and sales strategies. The Sr Director also partners with the sales department to build on product unit sales implementation as well as support strategies.
- Research and Analysis: The Sr Director of Product Management is also tasked with conducting relevant product research, establishing competitive intelligence and various market analyses. This includes evaluating market opportunities, product segmentation strategies and clear go to market goals and messaging.
- Product Evangelism: The Sr Director is tasked with representing the business and promoting the product by advocating for its value and benefits at executive briefings, marketing events, online consumer platforms, social media and any number of promotion opportunities.
Requirements and Experience:
- 15-20 yrs product management experience including cloud software, infrastructure solutions and private/hybrid multi cloud solutions. Experience and understanding of virtualization, containers/container ecosystem and development practices is a requirement.
- Knowledge and understanding of Kubernetes, Azure/AWS/Google Cloud offerings is highly desired