Sr. Business Systems Analyst/Product Owner at FIS
Position Type :
Type Of Hire :
Experienced (relevant combo of work and education)
Education Desired :
Bachelor of Computer Science
Travel Percentage :
Are you curious, motivated, and forward-thinking? At FIS you’ll have the opportunity to work on some of the most challenging and relevant issues in financial services and technology. Our talented people empower us, and we believe in being part of a team that is open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, passionate and above all fun.
About the team:
You will be working with an agile scrum team that is enhancing our API Developer Portal web application. The Developer Portal improves our company’s ability to market to developers working on behalf of payments integrations companies and creates a digital path to onboard for new integration partners.
What you will be doing:
In this role, you will represent the stakeholders and be the voice of the customer. You will be responsible for bridging the gap between the customer, business stakeholders, and the development team. A successful candidate will learn the technology stack that the application is built on and will represent the product and the customers’ needs and priorities. You will be accountable for ensuring that the team delivers value to the business and will work with the development team daily to help break down features and clarify requirements. You will write customer-centric user stories, work with product to prioritize them, and track them from the product backlog through to completion in Rally.
- Works with the Portfolio Owner to understand strategic goals and direction.
- Understands “what” the business need is, who is going to use it, and what the acceptance criteria is. This work will be documented by the BSA in the format of user stories.
- Takes complex, technical features and works with the product and engineering teams to break them down into deliverable user stories.
- Spends time with scrum teams and stakeholders to gather input and share product vision.
- Owns the Product Backlog and its refinement using prioritization.
- Collaborates with the team and stakeholders
- Participates in Sprint planning and review with the team.
- Conducts a variety of tests such as system, integration, readiness and acceptance tests.
- Ensures changes made by programmers meet requirements and are accepted each sprint.
- Collaborates with cross-functional teams to ensure delivery.
- Represents the customer’s needs during team activities.
- Participates in all agile ceremonies.
What you bring:
- 5+ years of experience as Business Analyst or Product Owner in an agile environment.
- 3+ years of experience with web applications, and front-end web technology (HTML, CSS, Angular or other JS frameworks).
- 2+ years of experience working with REST APIs, API Management / Gateway software (we use Apigee), SDLC process, and cloud technology (we use AWS)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills to technical and non-technical audiences of various levels in the organization.
- Inquisitive nature and a desire to ask questions and learn technical skills
- Excellent analytical, decision-making, problem-solving, team, and time management skills.
- Ability to persuade and influence others on the best approach to take.
- Ability to estimate work effort for project sub-plans or small projects to ensure the project is successfully completed.
- Is resourceful and proactive in gathering information and sharing ideas
Added bonus if you have:
- Certified Scrum Product Owner (CSPO) certification is a plus.
- Working in a SAFe agile environment is a plus.
- AWS Cloud certification is a plus.
What we offer you:
- A multifaceted job with a high degree of responsibility and a broad spectrum of opportunities
- The chance to work on some of the most challenging, relevant issues in financial services & technology
- A work environment built on collaboration, flexibility, and respect
View our benefits here: https://cdn.phenompeople.com/CareerConnectResources/FIGLUS/documents/2021BenefitsSnapshot-1611561721803.pdf The posted salary range describes the minimum to maximum range for this job description in the state of Colorado. The salary range is posted in accordance with the Colorado Equal Pay For Equal Work Act. The salary range for this same position may be lower or higher in markets outside of Colorado.$77,290 - 129,840
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.