New Product Development Sourcing Manager - Physical GoodsCompany Introduction
Sunday: Unbox a better lawn. We’re a venture-funded, Boulder-based startup that’s reinventing the lawn and garden space through a lens of e-commerce and technology. Our approachable, data-driven service and products help Americans in every state turn their yards into verdant, sustainable ecosystems, without all the toxic stuff. (Think Method Home meets StitchFix for Lawns.)
We are backed by a group of top-tier investors and advisors, we are looking for the right people to grow our core team. Together, we will redefine an industry by continuing to build cutting-edge products that help people and the environment.
If you don’t want to take our word for it, check out the article on us in FastCompany!Job Description
Responsible for sourcing, testing, price evaluation and procuring quality hard good products. Secondarily sourcing responsibilities include consumable garden goods (seeds, plants, soils). You will work with R&D and operations teams to assess products against target specifications, develop purchase/production plans, and manufacturing forecasts. You will evaluate vendors and help develop sourcing risk assessments, and secondary sourcing. You will deal with both domestic and overseas suppliers, leveraging existing relationships and building new partnerships with appropriate suppliers. Product sales and margins will be tracked and evaluated. You will track product performance over time using customer service reports and other data to ensure quality standards are met.
You will help manage new product roll out involving all necessary internal and external teams including coordination with operations, technology, customer service, and marketing.
Supporting senior R&D team members in multiple capacities: including product testing, quality determination, procurement, maintaining supplier relationships, and presentations to team members.
This is an opportunity to come in at the ground level of a fast-paced startup, directly impact the company’s trajectory, and be a key contributor to a team that’s changing an industry for the better.
Sourcing products from existing and new suppliers - hard goods
Researching, vetting, and building new supplier relationships
Developing and assuring adherence to quality standards of both new and existing suppliers
Sales/margin analysis on new and existing products
Project management of new product set upsQualifications
- Product sourcing - both domestic and international
- Organized, process-oriented individual
- Excellent technical and interpersonal skills
- Experience in lawn, garden, or agricultural is a plus
- Science degree/background is a positive
- Project management skills
- Ability to work in a fast paced work environment with little margin for error.
- Ability to contribute and build bonds within a dynamic and diverse team. A team first mentality is a strict requirement.
- Comfortable working within an often nebulous and rapidly changing environment.
- Willingness to meet challenging deadlines and expectations
Prior knowledge or experience in lawns and gardens is not required. We're excited and proud of our new approach to this industry, and thus are looking for talent from a wide range of backgrounds to bring fresh, new perspectives!Other Skills and Qualifications
- Excellent communication, interpersonal skills
- Computer skills
- Project management
- Be a core member of a small, focused, innovative team
- Help make critical decisions that will drive success
- Health, Dental, Vision Benefits: covering employee premiums 100%; spouse/family 50%
- Flexible PTO
- 401(k) program
- Location: Boulder, CO - expect to be in the office 3-4 days per week
Startup jobs aren't for everyone. They’re often demanding, frantic, unstructured, and unpredictable. If you're still interested, tell us why! We’re looking forward to hearing from you!