Senior Technical Product Manager at Angi (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
Angi® is transforming the home services industry, creating an environment for homeowners, service professions and employees to feel right at “home.” For most home maintenance needs, our platform makes it easier than ever to find a qualified service professional for most indoor and outdoor jobs, home renovations (or anything in between!). We are on a mission to become the home for everything home by helping small businesses thrive and providing solutions to financing and booking home jobs with just a few clicks.
Over the last 25 years we have opened our doors to a network of over 200K service professionals and helped over 150 million homeowners love where they live. We believe home is the most important place on earth and are embarking on a journey to redefine how people care for their homes. Angi is an amazing place to build your dream career, join us—we cannot wait to welcome you home!
About the role
We are seeking an experienced, results-driven, Senior Technical Product Manager to own and establish a technical practice focused on acceleration of product development. A successful candidate has an owner’s mindset and is laser-focused on building technical tools and solutions that empower the product organization to accelerate delivery of quality products.
As a Senior Technical Product Manager at Angi, you will be a key member of the product team (and engineering organization) who is responsible for developing and shipping product experiences that deliver on Angi’s vision and business objectives and create value for our users. You will be responsible for defining and owning the roadmap for the Foundation technical practice at Angi.
What you’ll do
- Partner with product and engineering leadership to help establish the Foundation (product acceleration) practice for Angi
- Develop and own a technical product vision and roadmap that drives the group’s charter of accelerating product delivery
- Deeply understand our consumers (internal and external), their problems, where they find value, and consistently strive to improve our tools and technology to exceed the needs of our product group
- Evangelize the technical product vision and motivate team-members critical to success to rally around the roadmap
- Collaborate with engineering, product development, analytics, and other business teams to make swift and smart decisions, ensure successful product rollout and delivery
- Thrive within ambiguity and find new, creative ways to solve problems every day, with data as your guide
Who you are:
- Deeply curious: you operate with a sense of urgency and always look for new ways to understand our customers and create value on their behalf
- Data-fluent: you use data to solve problems, identify opportunities, and are capable of inventing and using new metrics in order to learn and make decisions
- Biased for action: you make good decisions with incomplete data and are constantly optimizing for learning. We shift fast to learn fast. “Perfect” is the enemy of the good.
- A bar raiser: you inspire others to bring their ‘A’ game and are constantly looking for opportunities for improvement. You don’t accept “because that is the way we’ve always done it.”
- An owner: you can seamlessly straddle thinking about both the product and the business and are equally comfortable talking about funnel metrics and P+L's. You never say “that is not my job.” You are willing to get your hands dirty and do whatever it takes to ensure success.
What we’re looking for:
- 5+ years of technical product experience in a fast-paced, consumer-centric environment.
- BA/BS degree in CS/Engineering and/or a technical background is preferred
- A proven track record of planning and shipping successful products - ideally with some experience building technical products and tools
- Technical know-how: While you need not be an engineer, you understand the technical implications of the product decisions you make
- Strong analytical skills: You’re facile with data analysis and have familiarity with Excel, databases, and SQL and running A/B tests at scale
- Excellent communication skills: you communicate clearly and concisely, including with leadership, and can tailor your message to your audience
- A passion for marketplaces, the sharing economy, and/or the on-demand services space
Denver, CO or New York, NY are preferred locations for this position, but we are also open to remote.
We value diversity:
We know that the best ideas come from product teams where diverse points of view uncover new solutions to hard problems. We welcome and value individuals who bring diverse life experiences, educational backgrounds, cultures, and work experiences.
Compensation & Benefits:
- The salary band for this position ranges from $90,000 - $170,000, commensurate with experience and performance. Compensation may vary based on factors such as cost of living.
- This position will be eligible for a competitive year end performance bonus & equity package.
- Full medical, dental, vision package to fit your needs
- Flexible vacation policy; work hard and take time when you need it
- Pet discount plans & retirement plan with company match (401K)
- The rare opportunity to work with sharp, motivated teammates solving some of the most unique challenges and changing the world