Automox is redefining an industry with unmatched ease, speed and control. From IT management to endpoint security, we allow users to easily see, analyze and act across their infrastructure – in an instant.
Our award-winning answer to modern IT operations and best-in-class results earned Automox four straight quarters of record growth. We are now trusted by more than 2,000 leading companies and MSPs worldwide, including NASA, Yale, Xerox, Allbirds and Unicef.
The future of IT Operations is cloud-native – and right now. Will you join us?
Automox is seeking a seasoned Technical Product Manager to own the Automox agent platform and user experience. We are reimagining our platform with scaling data and flexibility in mind to unlock substantial product opportunities for our current and future customers, including defining and enabling the next generation of our agent. The platform’s stakeholders are both customers and other product managers, and direct engagement with customers and a solid understanding of problem and solution validation are critical. You will gather requirements from product managers and customers, identify and coordinate dependencies across the platform and drive development estimates and execution. Independence and a willingness to find the best solution for the problem or opportunity are core to this role. Strong experience with the product development process and the software development life cycle is required. Familiarity with endpoint management and/or cybersecurity and a technical/architecture background is preferred. Successful candidates are team-oriented, work collaboratively inside and outside of the building, and bring a passionate and driven attitude to structured product development.
The Automox product management team is empowered and outcome driven, and develops and drives key OKRs -- individual and shared -- at every level. We have a lightweight product development lifecycle that drives lean startup methodology, experimentation, and a learning mindset.
THE FUN STUFF
- Be a passionate advocate for customers -- Help Automox drive positive product experiences that deliver value quickly and delight customers
- Own complex and innovative product enablement initiatives driven by customer use cases from concept to release, setting specific requirements and direction
- Collaborate with engineers, engineering managers and other PMs to move from validated problem statements and specific customer use cases to concept ideation and solution validation and facilitate design
- Team up with the rest of product management to turn the roadmap into a sprint plan, while surfacing areas to improve the product, process, and experience
- Work independently to prioritize features and improvements against the Automox roadmap and vision
- Conduct empathy and feedback interviews with customers, prospects, and the wider community to glean insights and new feature ideas
- Own the feedback loop for your features, driving customer validation and fast iteration into requirements
- Contribute actively to the global Automox product roadmap
SKILLS AND ATTRIBUTES
- 5+ years of product experience, which can include product owner, engineering, or architecture experience
- Must thrive operating in a fast-paced, entrepreneurial, and competitive environment with a lot of ambiguity
- A collaborative and team-oriented attitude that allows you to work effectively with engineering, sales/marketing, and other product team members globally
- Ability to ruthlessly prioritize and make tough tradeoff decisions, balancing the delivery of customer value (and potentially temporary tech debt) with the delivery of the new platform
- Ability to clearly communicate an underlying problem statement made evident through discovered use cases and/or data
- Positive, can-do attitude and bias toward action, ability to create positive momentum
- Experience using Agile or Lean methodologies in an enterprise setting
- Strategic and analytical thinking, with the ability to consider multiple approaches to solve problems and apply a system to select the best one for Automox
- Experience with product/user data and analytics tools like Google Analytics, Segment, Heap, Pendo to inform product decisions is a plus
- Saas experience (customer lifecycle, billing/expansion, funnel metrics) strongly preferred
- Intellectual curiosity, humility, accountability, and positive approach
- Excellent oral and written communication skills, including internal and external executive communication and the ability to create first-class presentations
- Industry experience: Endpoint management, IT Operations or Security is highly preferred
- Technical degree and/or architectural experience strongly preferred
Our salary ranges are based on national averages and are determined based on the level of the position we are hiring for. The ranges are wide to leave room for variability in a candidate's skills, experience, and location all which impact where someone might come in on the range. Minimum base salary - $100,000
TOTAL REWARDS: Thrive with Us
Beyond the Status Quo
Work from anywhere in the USA
Equity for Full-Time Employees
Unlimited PTO, generous sick time policy
$20 a month to connect virtually with colleagues
Active Giving committee and employee-led communities
Health & Wellness
Comprehensive Health Plans with generous employer contributions
100% Company paid Short Term/Long Term Disability and Life Insurance
Company HSA Contribution: $100-$150-$200 per month based on tier
Gender Affirmation Coverage on Cigna Medical Plan (including surgery)
Happiness & Well-Being
$25 per month Lifestyle Spending Account
Internet Reimbursement - $50/month
$750 Home office stipend
$10k Adoption Benefit
Comprehensive Family Planning Covered on Cigna Medical Plan
Up to 12 weeks paid leave for new parents
Automox policy requires that all employees be vaccinated for Covid-19 in order to travel for work or participate in in-person events with other employees, clients, and vendors. Vaccination is not a requirement of employment.
Remote : Anywhere in the US. The world is changing so are we. Automox has moved to a fully distributed company and is open to hiring across the US.
We are committed to an inclusive and diverse Automox. Automox is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate based on race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, national origin, religion, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, disability, veteran status, genetic information, marital status, or any legally protected status.