Senior Product Owner at FIS (Greater Denver Area, CO or Remote)
About the team
We are an organization of expert, aligned cross-discipline teams across the world that specify, designs, builds and operate APIs, SDKs and other integration tools, and back-end fulfilment capabilities
We use cloud-based microservices, an obsession with quality and DevOps techniques
.... alongside developer centricity, and a product approach to quality of service
What will you be doing?
- Build a strong understanding of merchant needs and the opportunities/constraints of the payments ecosystem
- Ensure we have a common understanding of product vision and measures of success
- Understand and define key questions / decisions and identify the research or analysis that supports resolution
- Ensure we plan coherent, consistent iterative incremental enhancements in our backlog
- Drive high quality, efficient, rapid decision making that is followed through
- Help drive continuous improvement in our product-engineering team
- Manage stakeholders to secure agreement and alignment
What you will need:
- Product ownership skills and experience in a software development environment
- Agile mindset - the ability to jump between vision, reality, insight, learning and incremental / iterative next steps along with a strong focus on value and results
- An understanding of quality of service in a Software-as-a-service provider
- Stakeholder management
- Strong inter-personal skills and the ability to work cross-functionally and across organizational boundaries
Added bonus if you have:
- An interest in APIs, their design and lifecycle
- Experience in financial services especially PCI-certified environments such as payments or e-Commerce
- Experience of working in a DevOps environment
What we offer you
A career at FIS is more than just a job. It's the change to shape the future of fintech. At FIS, we offer you:
- A voice in the future of fintech
- Always-on learning and development
- Collaborative work environment
- Opportunities to give back
- Competitive salary and benefits
All employees must be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 on or before December 31, 2021. Individuals with a disability (including a medical condition) or sincerely held religious beliefs or practices that prevent them from getting the vaccine may request an exemption from the vaccine requirement.
FIS is committed to protecting the privacy and security of all personal information that we process in order to provide services to our clients. For specific information on how FIS protects personal information online, please see the Online Privacy Notice.
FIS is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics. The EEO is the Law poster is available here supplement document available here
For positions located in the US, the following conditions apply. If you are made a conditional offer of employment, you will be required to undergo a drug test. ADA Disclaimer: In developing this job description care was taken to include all competencies needed to successfully perform in this position. However, for Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) purposes, the essential functions of the job may or may not have been described for purposes of ADA reasonable accommodation. All reasonable accommodation requests will be reviewed and evaluated on a case-by-case basis.
Recruitment at FIS works primarily on a direct sourcing model; a relatively small portion of our hiring is through recruitment agencies. FIS does not accept resumes from recruitment agencies which are not on the preferred supplier list and is not responsible for any related fees for resumes submitted to job postings, our employees, or any other part of our company.