Senior Product Owner at Smarter Sorting
You are passionate about owning a full product lifecycle and are already a powerful product owner! Now, you're looking to do something more. Making your mark by owning a world class, sustainability tech product - one that not only drives the circular economy, but also improves the bottom line for retailers and suppliers - is exciting to you.
Focused on ownership of our Electronics Data product, the Senior Product Owner will understand the strategic market context for this product, own the ongoing vision and ensure that their product evolves to a place of stable, proactive growth. To pull this off you will work with customers and partner with our technology, support, and design teams to create solutions. You will become a subject matter expert, not only on your product, but also about how it integrates into other pipelines in our platform. In your work you will deeply understand how to uncover customer needs using empathy and structured problem solving to unpack the stickiest issues and transform them into a world class product experience.
What You'll Be Doing:
- Define & execute on your product's strategy as aligned with broader company goals
- Define metrics & KPIs to demonstrate product success
- Understand the complexities of the supplier, retailer and regulatory space and identify areas where Smarter Sorting can continue to differentiate as it relates to your product
- Participate in regular ceremonies (stand up’s, retrospective, planning meetings) and be engaged with the team throughout the product life cycle
- Prioritize and maintain a balance between on-going maintenance/bugs, new feature requests and continuously evolving with changes in technology and customer landscape.
- Gather and document business requirements/use cases for features for customer-facing products
- Run a “tear-down” exercise against best-in-class products to inform areas of improvement or trends that we can learn from.
- Engage with teams across Smarter Sorting to help pilot and launch enhancements / improvements with a goal towards improving adoption.
- Maintain an outside-in perspective by regularly speaking with a cross-section of customers to evolve the product.
- Partner with Data and Technical Leads to develop phased solutions to deliver against product growth/ enhancement priorities
- Provide the right level of support and direction to keep the engineering team working efficiently and aligned with the overall product strategy
- Partner with the Design team to ensure that the UI matches feature objectives and enhances the customer experience
- Manage/mentor/develop Product Owners and Analysts as required
Your Experience + Skills:
- 5+ years of product management / product ownership experience with 2+ of those years in a leadership capacity
- 3+ years as a Product Owner in a scrum team (Agile development)
- Demonstrated ability to identify, write and translate customer requirements into product strategy and roadmaps
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Ability to think strategically and create product roadmaps with clear business cases that advance the company’s mission
- Ability to communicate and collaborate effectively with people at all levels of the organization
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills
- Proven “roll up your sleeves and get it done” reputation in previous endeavors
- Experience working in a data creation company (where data is the product)
- Experience and understanding of retail or CPG industries with focus on electronics
Salary: from $125k depending on experience
Your Benefits & Perks
Competitive Compensation Packages
401k Program with Annual Company Contribution
Medical, Dental & Vision Insurance
Short-term Disability Insurance
Generous Parental Leave (Maternity & Paternity)
Flexible Paid Time Off
Job Related, Continuing Education Support
Annual All-Hands, Volunteering & Special Events
Unlimited Snacks & Drinks (in office)
You choose us not only because this is the role you’ve been waiting for, but also because we are a purpose-driven company committed to our mission. You’ll be joining a group of machine learning experts, successful serial entrepreneurs, data scientists, sustainability experts, recovering consultants and national account program managers whose passion for data-driven sustainability drives us. You choose us because our values resonate with you. At Smarter Sorting this means: We do what it takes. We begin from a position of curiosity. We are driven to become experts. We are real. We have grit. You share our belief that a healthy culture is key to the company’s success and more importantly our employees’ happiness.
Better decisions. Better data. Greener planet. All made possible by the best people. Come join our team!
At Smarter Sorting, we understand that a workforce that includes a robust mix of genders, ages, ethnicities, religions and socioeconomic backgrounds is more likely to reflect a variety of perspectives and thought patterns - leading to more innovation, brainstorming, problem-solving and strategizing. That is why we are committed to building a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage candidates from historically underrepresented groups to apply.